Why become a member? ×

Q-Tuner Jazz

Prosebass

Decided to put this together to see how it sounded and what Erno Zwaan (of Q-Tuner fame) thought of it.
He quite liked the overall look and will hopefully be putting it in his gallery.
It has a sound of its own , very lively and sounds more like an active set-up.
One of the problems with the Q-Tuners is the 2 month wait for them seeing as they are handmade.
I do have another pickup and was thinking of using a MM fretless ebanol neck on another black body.
The pickup will be mounted in the bridge position and no scratch-plate or control bell plate.

This one is for sale at £225.00 the fretless will be a little more.
PM if interested for the full spec and more photos.

Edited by Prosebass

[quote name='Buzz' post='295035' date='Sep 30 2008, 01:13 AM']It's not really a jazz though is it? It's more like a p due to the placement of the pup in the middle.

Still, I'd be interested to know how it sounds.[/quote]

Its a Jazz with respect to body shape, neck dimensions and overall look. If I had called it a precision someone would have pulled me up on the fact its got a "Jazz" body....
In fact its neither as the parts are not from Fender, so its a "Jazz" style I suppose...with a better pup than anything Fender have produced..... if Carlsberg made pickups.......... :)

[quote name='6stringbassist' post='296010' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:01 PM']Two months, aren't you the lucky one, I waited almost 6 months for mine.[/quote]

I got a mail from Erno today and they are using some new black wire for them, and the wait is only a month...

[quote name='josh3184' post='296106' date='Oct 1 2008, 02:43 AM']any way to get soundclips for this then?[/quote]

I'm working on it, just got re-acquainted with Acid Music should have some on tonight.....as you know its hard work trying to record bass at the best of times and I certainly don't want it to sound sh*t.... :)
I've heard sound clips of £1000 basses sounding like a Jedson from the 70's , or maybe it did.....?

[quote name='Prosebass' post='295222' date='Sep 30 2008, 10:51 AM']Its a Jazz with respect to body shape, neck dimensions and overall look. If I had called it a precision someone would have pulled me up on the fact its got a "Jazz" body....
In fact its neither as the parts are not from Fender, so its a "Jazz" style I suppose...with a better pup than anything Fender have produced..... if Carlsberg made pickups.......... :huh:[/quote]
I think you'll find its a 'Jazzcision' mate :)
Zach

[quote name='Prosebass' post='298092' date='Oct 2 2008, 10:31 PM']Can't call it that.....sounds like a painful medical term... :)[/quote]
Now that you mention it, it does sound like something that would involve a large sharp object being waved dangerously close to important parts of the male anatomy :huh:
Zach