Why become a member? ×

Anyone want to build me a neck for my Wal?

deksawyer

To any of the regular and talented builders in this part of the parish, are any of you up for making a fretless neck for my Wal?

I contacted Paul Herman ages ago about a neck, but it was prohibitively expensive, and with the waiting time, not a road I want to take.

The Wal is a 1980 Mk1 custom lefty, currently fretted and since I play fretless 99% of the time now, instead of de-fretting it, which is something I could do myself, I thought about asking you guys if you'd like to do it.

It would be an unlined (or partially unlined - lines on the edge?) with similar make up to the existing neck. I would pay for all costs inc. time, wood and parts etc.

If I can't get this of the road, then I think I'll sell it as it's just not getting used as it is, which is a crying shame. When I do plug it in, it just makes me tingle - it's the sound!

So, please feel free to reply and derail this thread all you want, as I'd be interested in everyones thoughts.

cheers

Deek.

Ps - here's the bass in question

• 11 months later...