Why become a member? ×

Shipping costs to Germany

bassbloke

Never shipped a Bass there, but I work there and have taken them across. Depends Where it has to go in Germany, but some flights are silly money £36 return inc booking fees. Might be easier and more reliable to book a cheap flight, take it as hand luggage, meet your man/woman at the airport and get a flight back out! Better still have a night on the beer there and come back the next day!

Sorry I can't be more help on shipping costs.

Can you take the neck off?

Pack it very well and send it with DPD. I was sent a Gibson which arrived here without a scratch. It was, however, in a hard case, in a box, in a box with paper all around and a bit of scrap wood at the ends to give the box some stability. I think it was sent from Leeds. Leeds to Stockholm, by road (I would avoid air if you can), no problems. It took a week.

It's all in the packing. Pack it well, get it weighed and measured, then ring up DPD and get a price. Bob is thus one of your parents' siblings (or, at a stretch, married to one).

Thank you everyone.

Removing the neck was the first option I gave the propective buyer, but some people are a bit funny about this. Don't know why. If neccesary, I can always slacken off the truss rod a littleto reduce tension when there are no strings attached.

The buyer is in Munster. I'd best check the Air Berlin site before they go under.