Why become a member? ×

Fender 75 Jazz Bass LTD Edition

ProfJames

Hi All

Been offered a [color=#403F3F][font=arial, sans-serif]Fender 75 Jazz Bass LTD Edition made in Japan. Only one year old. Never played one before. How good are they? Would I be comparing like for like against a Rick 4003?[/font][/color]

Depends on the individual instrument obviously, but I have recently acquired an MIJ Jazz and the build quality is comparable with anything I've seen from the USA built range... having said that though, as everything is built by CNC then bolted together, I've had Harley Benton basses that are just as well put together as anything else, if you put hardware and electronics aside.

It won't sound like a ric obviously, it's a jazz... but the build quality will be top notch :)

Edited by CamdenRob

Thanks CamdenRob. Several people have said that the Fender MIJ 75 LTD's were hand built/made/finished or something like that! The youtube vids I have seen of them are impressive. I think I shall go for it. Les Pattinson used a Fender66 Jazz I think........

I have been told that this American made jazz bass - http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/bass_guitars_detail.asp?stock=12031011053658#panel-reviews is better than the Japanese 75 LTD bass.

Is this correct? I know that the MIJ LTD has a precision pick up as extra. I am told that the USA built ones are better and have a slightly thinner neck.

Which one to buy?

I haven't had the chance to play one of the Ltd Editions, but had one of the Fender Japan 75 RI's (the one in my profile pic). Construction was excellent and it played fantastically well. Very much regret selling it, even though I didn't have a need for it any more. Have played a couple of other 75 RI's, and they were equally excellent. I would very much look to get another MIJ if the need ever arose.

Edited by Simon.