Why become a member? ×

Brice V2 six string vs Ibanez SR 256 vs Ibanez SR 506?

Lietuva

Hello. I was wondering, how do Brice six-string compares with Ibanez low-end six string models? Is the Brice bass usable for jazz/fusion gigs? And how good is the action on both Ibanez and Brice basses? My financial situation isn't good so I looked over the Ibby's SR 506, and 256 but then I saw Brice. It looks cool, but should I trust it? And by the way, it's impossible to find Brice page on rondomusic website, but page's accessible thru google. Thanks and sorry for my grammar.

Hi. I had a Brice six string about nine years ago. It was HEAVY, really really heavy. I found the neck manageable but the pickups and overall tone were poor. The top was a very thin laminate on a very thick body. I sold it on quickly. Had it been a four stringer I'd have said it was no more than a nice looking beginner bass.
Having said that I would consider their jazz bass style six stringer but would ideally want to try first. It looks pretty and the pickups would be easier to replace.
No experience of Ibanez but from reputation I would expect it to be far superior.

I had a SR506. I sold because I was not using it but that was one of the most comfortable six string bass i have ever owned.
That was back when it was produced in the Cort factory in Korea and it was of flawless quality.
The sound was quite nondescript though, but was quite easy to work with and that is one bass I wish I've never sold despite now owning two Ibanez Sr Prestige six strings.

I would not waste my time with the Brice.....

• 3 months later...

I have one that looks the same as the one here [url="http://www.rondomusic.com/v26tribalblue.html"]http://www.rondomusic.com/v26tribalblue.html[/url]

It's at least 15 years old though, maybe older, a different colour, and passive. I really like it and still play it occasionally, although I do own a couple of more expensive and nicer 6 strings.