Why become a member? ×

SOLD Eve Iona Fretless 4-string
£800

ead

For sale is my Eve Iona fretless bass. I don’t think that there are many of these in existence, I believe this might be the first one and there is definitely one other finished bass on the Eve Facebook page. Other than these two I’ve not seen any others.

[b]Construction: [/b]
Body Style – Iona 4-string
Body Wood – American Ash with Wenge centre block
Control cavity cover in American Ash to match body wood
Neck – 3-piece quartersawn Sapele bolt on, with scarf joint headstock in Sipo with Ash veneer top plate, Rosewood truss rod cover
Fingerboard – Ebony, unlined 16” radius, side dots (at fret positions), 2 octaves
Spector Professional locking bridge
Black hardware
Scale length - 34"
ABM djustable brass nut

[b]Finish: [/b]
Natural oil and wax finish; this shows off the wood grain really nicely and is very tactile.

[b]Electronics:[/b]
Two Eve custom pickups; a ‘soap bar’ in the bridge position (switchable series/parallel) and single coil in the bridge position, these feed an Eve 2-band preamp.

The controls are: Neck volume (with pull up passive options); bridge volume (with pull up series/parallel switch), treble boost/cut and bass boost/cut.

[b]History: [/b]
I commissioned the bass late in 2014 and took delivery in March 2015. This is undoubtedly a high quality instrument with a gorgeous slim neck and flexible electronics package. I have used the bass at home and in rehearsals and once at a gig. It remains like new however and has been very well looked after.

Everything is original and in excellent working order. The neck is nice and straight and very nice to play on. The action is set low action, which I feel benefits a fretless bass and there is scope to go lower still if that’s your preference. Bar a little unavoidable string wear on the fingerboard, the bass is in A1 condition.

[b]Weight/ergonomics: [/b]
The bass weighs in at a little over 8.5lbs according to my bathroom scales. It is a very nicely balanced instrument both on lap and strap making it very comfortable to play. The neck is fantastic, slim and very comfortable to move around on. The neck pocket is one of the tightest I have seen to the point that it looks like a set neck.

[b]Sound: [/b]
Very versatile with the switchable bridge pickup and the active/passive option that comes with the electronics package. You can get an extremely wide range of tones.

[b]Strings: [/b]
Currently strung with TI JF344 flat-wound strings. The strings are around 12 months old now so barely played-in in flat-wound terms.

[b]Case/bag: [/b]
The bass comes with a good quality Thomann padded gig bag.

[b]Sale price and collection/delivery options:[/b]
£800 collected from my house in Chorley (near M6/M62/M65). To buy a similar bass new today would cost around £1,200, so I hope that you feel the price offers excellent value and reflects the price of a recently sold Eve fretted bass.

I am also happy to meet up or deliver within a reasonable range; please PM me to discuss possibilities. Delivery to your door using UPS or similar can be organised (at cost), although I would by far prefer to arrange personal delivery/exchange if at all possible given the quality of the instrument.

[b]Why am I selling? [/b]
This is a beautifully built and very flexible fretless bass. There are very few fretless Iona basses around, and Eve is creating a good brand with a loyal following. However there is a new fretless custom bass incoming and after a lot of contemplation I decided that this was the bass that has to go to avoid duplication of function and purpose.

[b]Trade/part exchange options:[/b]
Although a cash sale is my preference, I am open to trade offers, but please note that I would prefer trades with some cash my way. Trade-wise, definitely a four-string fretted bass; I'd certainly consider a Jazz-type bass.

[b]My feedback:[/b]
Please see the links in my sig. below.

Thanks for your interest and here are some pictures. I have these and more in hi-res so if you would like to see them or any other details of the bass please drop me a PM and I’ll do my best to give you a comprehensive response.

[attachment=217174:LR Eve Iona FL4 03.jpg] [attachment=217175:LR Eve Iona FL4 04.jpg]

[attachment=217176:LR Eve Iona FL4 06.jpg] [attachment=217177:LR Eve Iona FL4 07.jpg]

[attachment=217178:LR Eve Iona FL4 12.jpg] [attachment=217180:LR Eve Iona FL4 13.jpg]

Edited by ead