Why become a member? ×

Q Tuner Pick ups

alembic1989

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='292426' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:33 AM']Alex Clabber has some. Prose bass is selling a bass with one fitted.[/quote]

Errrr...pardon my ignorance but who is Alex Clabber??
and tried to google "Prose Bass" ..but got nothing....

Edited by alembic1989

[quote name='alembic1989' post='292437' date='Sep 26 2008, 08:49 AM']Errrr...pardon my ignorance but who is Alex Clabber??
and tried to google "Prose Bass" ..but got nothing....[/quote]

He's referring to people on this forum .. :)

Alex Claber
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showuser=692"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showuser=692[/url]

Prosebass's Q-Tuner bass for sale

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28297&hl="]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=28297&hl=[/url]

[quote name='alexclaber' post='292718' date='Sep 26 2008, 01:36 PM']They are righteous. Come to Guildford for the Bass Bash tomorrow and you can try my RIM Custom 5 with them.

Alex[/quote]

Thanks for the info chaps..most helpful.
It's a real shame that even on bass forums where most people are polite, helpful and civil that we also have people who are keen on being abusive I refer of course to Bass Fart..or was is Bass Farter..no hang on ...naaa it's gone now. Ferret maybe?

If you're used to Alembic electronics then the sound of the Q-Tuners won't surprise you. It's the extended and uncoloured sound that can be achieved through raising the resonant frequency above the working range of the instrument. Alembic do it with low impedance pickups and active electronics. Q-Tuners do it with a very cunning high impedance and high output passive pickup - I have no idea how this is possible but the sound is just so deep, open, uncompressed and responsive to your playing.

Alex

[quote name='alexclaber' post='292832' date='Sep 26 2008, 04:18 PM']If you're used to Alembic electronics then the sound of the Q-Tuners won't surprise you. It's the extended and uncoloured sound that can be achieved through raising the resonant frequency above the working range of the instrument. Alembic do it with low impedance pickups and active electronics. Q-Tuners do it with a very cunning high impedance and high output passive pickup - I have no idea how this is possible but the sound is just so deep, open, uncompressed and responsive to your playing.

Alex[/quote]

Thanks for that..I love the electronics on my alembic. I've got my eye on a bass with some q tuners on it...hence all the questions. I have a better idea of what to expect now...so thanks again.

Edited by alembic1989

[quote name='OldGit' post='293384' date='Sep 27 2008, 12:35 PM']He's quite fun when you get to know him :)

Your choice though ..[/quote]

You seem like a sound chap ..so I'll take your word for it....life is too short....etc
Anyways ..many is the time when I too have engaged mouth before brain..so who am I to judge??

[quote name='alembic1989' post='293430' date='Sep 27 2008, 02:19 PM']You seem like a sound chap ..so I'll take your word for it....life is too short....etc
Anyways ..many is the time when I too have engaged mouth before brain..so who am I to judge??[/quote]

Yeah me too, as a few on here can attest .. :)