Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Mesa Boogie M-Pulse 600
£750

Bearfist

[b]£550 [/b]

Im letting my 'new' M-pulse go, i picked this up in January, it was a display model in a shop that never sold so despite these being discontinued a few years back it basically a brand new M-pulse with 4 months use, i'm guessing this may have been the last or one of the last new ones sold.

Anyway i lusted after one of these since i was a kid after i heard a local players one so when i saw it i couldn't resist, anyway having now ticked this off the list and having lived with it for a short while its just not quite for me. Its a stunning amp, the 3 band input EQ is terrific and i like many other users just used that, never needed the Para, the on board comp is definitely one of the best i have heard in an amp, again a feeling that seems to be common. The tone is on the clean side of valve, i would say this replicates the wide open clean valve sound better that anything ive heard,

I'l ship at your cost (about £20 in the UK) and i have the original box to ship in.

Some specs...[list]
[*]Handcrafted in Petaluma, California
[*]600 Watts @ 4 Ohms (320 @ 8), Simul-State™ Power / 8 Tube Driven Power MOSFET, 2x12AX7
[*]Active/Passive Input Switch
[*]4 Stage Vacuum Tube Preamplifier with Gain, Active Bass & Treble, Passive Mid and Footswitchable 5-Band Semi Parametric EQ that provides 15db of cut or boost from 30Hz to 12KHz
[*]Footswitchable Compressor with Independent Threshold and Ratio Controls
[*]Main Output Level Control
[*]Footswitchable Solo Level Control – Patent 6,724,897
[*]Footswitchable Parallel FX Loop with Mix Control
[*]Balanced Line Out with Pre/Post Switch
[*]Bass Tuner Output w/Footswitchable Mute
[*]2 - Speakon & 2 - 1/4" Speaker Output Jacks
[*]Slave Out w/Level Control Fan Cooled
[*]FORMAT:
[i]2 Space Rackmount[/i]
[/list]
I've just picked up another amp so no trades on this please...

[attachment=218540:IMG_2742.JPG][attachment=218541:IMG_2743.JPG][attachment=218542:IMG_2744.JPG]

Edited by Bearfist

I have the Venture version (basically a slanted front, head MPulse 600). It is one of the most flexible amps I have had but it takes time to get to grips with the EQ. Low and high are not a straightforward boost/cut knob on a specific frequency. They change their Q width dependent on boost or cut.

GLWTS!

I got one 3 months ago ( used 2002 ) , and have never looked back . I even went out and got 2 2x10 powerhouse cabs heavy , but great )

Been through most amps ( ampeg gallien, mark, peavey, fender, ea, tech etc etc )

This is the best I have ever had ( so far )

The eq does take a bit of getting used to , but once you start to learn , its AMAZING .

Have a bump on me GLWTS

Pete

Cheers Pete,

Yeah these are great, ive found something i love recently and as tempting as it is to keep this i should let it go.

Note - The rack case has now been sold so new pics and price drop to reflect that...

• 2 weeks later...