Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Samick Greg Bennett Royale bass

Grahambythesea

I know these have been around for a few years now, although I have only recently noticed that it's a 34ins scale semi, a bit of a rarity. However I can't find any reviews. Gear4music offer the black version to order at £289 and there is an Italian on line store offering the sunburst for 299 euros. So has anyone any experience. The prices seem too good to be true and usually if it's too good it probably isn't worth having.
Another member on BC rates his Corsair, but that's a really different bass.
I could really use a lighter weight fretted bass at present as I have a shoulder injury but probably don't want to abandon my Jazz bass in the long term. Anyone help, got one ? Had one?

I did own one of these but it was many years ago and I was mainly playing acoustic guitar, at the time.
I do renmember that is was really well built, nicely finished and sounded great, with quite a variety in tone.
Can't remember if it was neck heavy, as I wasn't gigging as a bassist, at the time.
It's a real looker and will definitely stand out, in a crowd, IMO.

Sorry, that's all I've got.

Got to be worth checking out though.