Why become a member? ×

Kramer 350B

Guest gazzatriumph

Guest gazzatriumph

My new addition, I had one of these in the early eighties and have been searching for one for the last 4+ years, finally found a nice one on ebay in America and pulled the trigger on it. I've put new strings on it and it sounds great, just as I remember. I forgot how heavy they were. Has anyone else got one of these or an aluminium necked model?

[attachment=214947:Kramer.JPG][attachment=214948:Kramer 6.JPG][attachment=214949:Kramer back.JPG]

DMZ 4001 in my possession. Virtually thes ame as yours but with P bass pickup and maple body. Heavy and a slight neck diver. Clarity of sound excellent and the string response is like no other bass I have owned, it almost 'plays itself' with TI flats. No tuning issues in hot to cold gigs. I drilled slightly deeper string holes under the bridge so that I could slip a spacer onto the ball end of strings and ensure the silks were not on the saddles.

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='KerryLambert' timestamp='1458331842' post='3006810']
I've just bought an XKB-20 from someone on here. I've been after one for two years. Cannot wait to receive it. Congrats on this one! A good find. How much did it set you back?
[/quote]

altogether with postage and customs charges £870, it came with the first type of case (plastic Kramer insignia rather than the printed one on the lid) but two of the latches need replacing, guitar itself in very good condition and it is a 1976 model. I'm very happy with it and have struggled to find that model.

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='floFC' timestamp='1458571060' post='3008674']
Very nice bass, I have never seen one of these for sale. Congratulations on getting it.
I have a 1978 450B.
[/quote]

It was the first 350B I'd seen for sale since I started looking, cost a few quid but was worth it, here is a pic of me with the same model in 1984 I sold it to buy a double bass in 1986 and always regretted it but money was short those days.

[attachment=215204:Big Sleep 4.jpg]

These basses fall into almost unobtanium. I doubt if I could ever replace mine (unless paying megabucks). So though not cheap they are a once in a lifetime purchase these days IMO. I will not disclose what I paid for mine on BC, other than to say 1980s Fenders seem nuts money in comparison.

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1458601039' post='3009076']
These basses fall into almost unobtanium. I doubt if I could ever replace mine (unless paying megabucks). So though not cheap they are a once in a lifetime purchase these days IMO. I will not disclose what I paid for mine on BC, other than to say 1980s Fenders seem nuts money in comparison.
[/quote]

Yeah some Fenders fetch silly money, well I've paid me money and happy with my choice

Guest gazzatriumph

[quote name='alembic1989' timestamp='1458751361' post='3010527']
My customised Kramer fretless.
[url="http://s817.photobucket.com/user/23basslord/media/DSCF9325-1.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]Cool

[quote name='alembic1989' timestamp='1458751361' post='3010527']
My customised Kramer fretless.
[url="http://s817.photobucket.com/user/23basslord/media/DSCF9325-1.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

If a 'new' 'trendy' company built that now I can not begin to imagine the eyewatering price tags that might be possible. Great looking bass, but I like 'brown wood' basses (have hidden French decor tastes).