Why become a member? ×

SOLD Limelight 63 Jazz heavy relic
£700

martthebass

It is with a heavy heart that I am putting this bass out for sale/trade. I Commissioned it from Mark at Classic and Cool last year and it has certainly exceeded my expectations. I was looking for a YOB Jazz but didn't have the £000s to spare so after a bit of looking about I decided this was my best option.
It has suffered from the dreaded 'over relic' on the bridge and as such this has been replaced with a Q Parts relic BBOT bridge with the same period correct saddles.
It plays beautifully and has to be the nicest sounding Jazz I've owned (and ive certainly had a few, US, MIM, MIJ, MIC) and has a great vintage vibe, I don't know what pickups Mark uses but they are quite excellent.
Unfortunately I'm suffering from my intermittent shoulder/neck problem and the weight on this bass (about 9.5lb) is causing me grief so I'm only able to use my little Status Streamie at the minute on gigs.
I love Jazzes and ideally I'd like another one and will consider trades for sub 9lb specimens.
For cash I'm looking for £600 or £650 inc the Hiscox case (which is mint as it was only used to ship the bass in the first place).
Postage ok (at buyers expense) or meet up within a reasonable distance of sunny South Yorkshire.

Edited by martthebass

Thank you very much J!

I know it's early days but I think I'll incentivise this sale a little.

1. For trade I'll open up to lightweight options less than 9lbs, I'd prefer a Jazz, but hit me with what you have, I can only say no...

2. For cash I'll take £600 or £650 with the Hiscox case. Postage extra.

Cheers Walshy, she may be artificially aged but she's still a peach!

If you find yourself unable to resist let me know, me, the wife and our mental cocker (Meg) are looking for an excuse to spend a few hours in Alnmouth and tromping the sands in Druridge Bay in the next couple of weeks!

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='martthebass' timestamp='1458132036' post='3004956']
Cheers Walshy, she may be artificially aged but she's still a peach!

If you find yourself unable to resist let me know, me, the wife and our mental cocker (Meg) are looking for an excuse to spend a few hours in Alnmouth and tromping the sands in Druridge Bay in the next couple of weeks!
[/quote]

Oh, now that might just work well. I'll keep you informed. Dont need it... but want it!