Why become a member? ×

Pink Floyd Slideshow

colgraff

[quote name='4stringslow' timestamp='1457356390' post='2997632']
I don't think of myself as a Floyd anorak but I don't recall a song called 'Free Fun' on Obscured By Clouds.

I guess they meant 'Free Four' ?
[/quote]

I'm afraid that you are much more of a Pink Floyd anorak than me, I couldn't name more than three or four albums, let alone the songs.

It's a shame they won't play again, such an amazing live act,

From my understanding Nick Mason and Roger Waters are pally and Dave Gilmour was reliant on Rick Wright for an equal balance of power in the band, with Rick gone that balance has been lost

Didn't Waters effectively leave the band soon after The Wall? Pink Floyd released subsequent albums without Waters, but with Rick Wright gone they were down to just two of the originals (maybe only one if you don't count Gilmour), so probably a good time to call it a day. Still, whatever the internal politics, their recorded legacy is assured.

[quote name='4stringslow' timestamp='1457376860' post='2997965']
Didn't Waters effectively leave the band soon after The Wall? Pink Floyd released subsequent albums without Waters, but with Rick Wright gone they were down to just two of the originals (maybe only one if you don't count Gilmour), so probably a good time to call it a day. Still, whatever the internal politics, their recorded legacy is assured.
[/quote]Wasn`t Nick Mason an original member?

[quote name='4stringslow' timestamp='1457426050' post='2998270']
Yes, that's what I meant.

Barrett & Wright are dead, Waters left ages ago, leaving just Mason & Gilmour - and Gilmour wasn't an original member.
[/quote]Ahh yes. I see what you meant now