Why become a member? ×

*TRADED ELSEWHERE* SANDBERG VM-5 HCA metallic red w/matching headstock
£1150

LewisK1975

[s]£1150 o.n.o[/s]

[s]£1050 ono[/s]

[b]£995[/b]

For Sale is my Sandberg VM-5 HCA bought from Bass Direct in May last year.

It's in 'hardcore aged' metallic red with a rosewood fingerboard and matching headstock. Turns out I don't really need 5 strings and having recently bought a YOB Jazz bass I need to recoup some funds!

I have everything that was supplied with the Bass when bought (Sandberg gig bag, allen keys and tags)

Bass is located in Bridgend area of South Wales, ideally would be collection but I can meet up within a certain distance, no problem. Could also courier at cost.

Any trial is welcome. Pictures added are from the Bass Direct website but are of the actual Bass..specs below, any questions about the Bass please ask!

Sale would be ideal, but feel free to try me with trade offers of 4 string Basses, you never know..

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]SANDBERG CALIFORNIA VM5 (PM5)[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]This High quality German Handmade Bass is a alternative to a P-Bass, with a slim neck, somewhere between a Jazz and a Precision and enough detail to keep it away from the Jazz Bass design but to keep the P-Bass purists happy. This bass has been "hard core aged" which is a process that gives the bass a vintage look and is manually worked on in a time consuming process to achieve a unique look to each bass.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]With body that is made from Alder. A 6-bolted Maple neck with 22 High quality frets and a zero fret underneath the nut. The PM5 features one Delano P-Bass Pickup at the neck and one Delano Powerhumbucker at the bridge giving you an amazing amount of tone options. The Hardware is of a high quality and is designed by Sandberg, the bass comes with High Quality Sandberg gigbag. [/size][/font][/color][list]
[*]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]•[font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Neck[/font] - Bolted x 6 / Maple [/size][/font]
[*]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]•[font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Fretboard[/font] - Rosewood 22 Frets [/size][/font]
[*]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]•[font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Body[/font] - Alder[/size][/font]
[*]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]•[font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Scale[/font] - 34" [/size][/font]
[*]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]•[font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Finish[/font] - Metallic Red Hard core aged finish[/size][/font]
[*]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]•[font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Hardware[/font] - Sandberg [/size][/font]
[*]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]•[font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Pickup[/font] - Delano PB-Style + Powerhumbucker / PU-Split [/size][/font]
[*]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]•[font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Electronics[/font] - Sandberg 2 band - the treble control becomes a passive tone control when the bass is switched in to passive.[/size][/font]
[*]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3]•[font=Helvetica-Bold, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Weight[/font] - [color=#584D4D][font=Helvetica-Light, Helvetica]9lb 4oz/4.2kg[/font][/color][/size][/font]
[/list]
[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][size=3][attachment=213086:VM5Front590.jpg] [attachment=213087:VM5Top590.jpg] [attachment=213088:VM5Rear590.jpg] [attachment=213089:VM5Head.jpg][/size][/font]

Edited by LewisK1975

[quote name='fluffo' timestamp='1456580742' post='2990448']
Any interest in a USA jazz 5 deluxe 96-97 surh pickups In custome shop colour desert sand
[/quote]

Thanks fluffo, but I'm shifting my 5-string Basses, so no point trading for another one really.

Gave this a bit of a go while picking up my sub5 earlier, looks great in the flesh and plays like an absolute dream! Lewis and the BH a pleasure to deal with also, a solid 9/10 (Point deduction incurred through false advertisement of a cuppa on arrival, be on your guard basschatters!)

[quote name='Scarecrowgilvy' timestamp='1456858663' post='2992984']
Gave this a bit of a go while picking up my sub5 earlier, looks great in the flesh and plays like an absolute dream! Lewis and the BH a pleasure to deal with also, a solid 9/10 (Point deduction incurred through false advertisement of a cuppa on arrival, be on your guard basschatters!)
[/quote]

That's a fair assessment Callum - I did forget to make you a brew! Blame the mrs for chatting... :ph34r: Pleasure doing business with you..

Edited by LewisK1975

[quote name='Pinball' timestamp='1458219508' post='3005697']
Stop tempting me....If I was to specify a custom build it would be pretty close to this.

A nice bass, GLWTS!
[/quote]

Ha! Thanks Pinball, it plays great and has all the quality you'd expect from a Sandberg, just surplus to my requirements for now, or I wouldn't be selling. Only an hour-ish away from you too ;)