Why become a member? ×

Hey!!

Pissman

[quote name='Pissman' post='287494' date='Sep 19 2008, 05:17 PM']Hey, so how is everyone?

Been playing bass for all of one week now lol . im a bit of a noob

Got a sweet little Yammy and a 30 watt Laney amp.

Just one problem..

I'm a crap bassist :)

Does anyone know any really easy Reggae songs to play?yay

Adam

[attachment=13570:DSC00105.JPG][/quote]

Welcome Adam. Tell us about the name...any story behind it at all?

[quote name='AndyMartin' post='288692' date='Sep 21 2008, 07:17 PM']That's an interesting hobby :)

Welcome to BC. You're probably being a bit optimistic if you expect to be anything other than crap after only playing for a week. If you started playing cos some guitard told you "it's only got 4 strings so it's easy" now you can tell him He's full of sh*t.[/quote]

lol :huh:

im not expecting to be good, thats why ill just play indie and punk lol! no skill needed :huh:

i got lessons starting thursday so yay

and nah i picked bass cus they sound so much better....and i hate small strings...

just a quick question, wheres da best place to put me left hand on the neck, cus i keep getting pains in it. (probly the most noobish question ever hehe)

Welcome Adam. Bass is great, and this is a great forum. I've been playing for years and I'm still crap.

But...

Sorry if I seem like a prude or a killjoy here, but am I the only person that finds pissman an inappropriate username?

Savoury language in a post is one thing (go for it - I think I may have), but this seems a little wrong to me.

Have things been changing as I've been a less frequent visitor over the last few months?

Shoot me down if I've got this wrong, but I had to mention it.

Mark.

Welcome aboard! Glad to see you're taking the right route in life (aka the way of the bassist!) and after a fwe lessons you'll be sorted!

As for left hand, your teacher'll be able to give you good pointers for that, but if you start by placing your thumb in the middle of the back of the neck when you play (if that makes sense) and see if that eases the pain. You might also need to adjust your playin position, but your teacher'll sort all that out on the first session :huh:

Take it easy, and good luck with your urinary quest!

[quote name='Phaedrus' post='288848' date='Sep 21 2008, 11:09 PM']... but I had to mention it.[/quote]

possibly not the *MOST* family friendly name, but doesn't bother me much :)

[quote name='Pissman' post='289415' date='Sep 22 2008, 07:11 PM']gota love phil_the_bassist though. its so creative, how didyou come up with that? :)[/quote]

Well, it took 23yrs of cunning, skill, and practice to be this inventive...My name's actually dave, and I'm a drummer :huh:

[quote name='Pissman' post='289977' date='Sep 23 2008, 02:07 PM']i tried sh*ttyf***crapw*** but some sh*ttyf***crapw*** er had taken the name.[/quote]

:huh: coffee => 'puter screen! :huh: nicely said Pissman!