Why become a member? ×

Handmade Rikkers 4 string fretless
£650

Sambrook

[attachment=211603:P1010237.JPG][attachment=211595:P1010234.JPG]

I recently acquired this fine bass in a trade, and am enjoying it very much. However, I am determined to cut my basses down to 3 in number,rather than chopping and changing all the time. I have just bought a Conklin GT7 to combine my roundwound and piccolo needs, so the Rikkers is up for sale.

Handmade in Holland, 3000 euros to buy new, my price is a good one I think

Passive, 2 humbuckers, with vol and tone for each, plus pickup selector switch, and series/parallel/single coil switches for each pickup. This makes for a very versatile instrument, tonally.

Don't know the woods, I'm guessing mahogany and maple for the back and the neck through. They've warmed and mellowed very nicely. The topwood is very nice indeed, very tactile. The previous owner says it's from 1983. It's in good nick, with only the expected signs of 30 plus years of use.

Bridge is 3d adjustable, fingerboard ebony, 42mm at the nut, very comfortable and playable instrument.

Price is £650 plus postage, and it will come in a hardcase. Very happy to answer questions if I've missed anything. Thanks for reading

[attachment=211596:P1010238.JPG][attachment=211597:P1010243.JPG][attachment=211598:P1010245.JPG]

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The bass arrived today, very well packaged for its overseas journey.
Still testing it, but first impressions have been quite good.
Attractive woods and neck, versatile electronics, good weight balance, tuners working well, surprising ergonomics.
More tests in a couple of days...

I have been able to test the bass a little more, setting the action to my liking.
The instrument's response has been consistent and satisfying.
Circuitry might be improved but presently it offers many combinations and tonal shades.
I look forward to many hours playing this Rikkers...
Thank you to all previous owners who cared for this bass; for me it really belies its age.
I will try not to wonder what other instruments Sambrook has, so that this one was allowed to leave his collection...
Cheers