Why become a member? ×

Ceramic 10's

AlpherMako4

I have a great rig. A barefaced supertwin and a markbass lm3 800. It's great.
The other week I got an SWR GOLIATH iii junior 210 from a friend of mine. Now, the barefaced is sonically perfect but this little cab just has something about it. And to make matters worse, I picked up an SWR SM500 last night from a nice chap on here. It's equally awesome. I now have the dilemma that I thought I had a great rig. But now I have another. Can't use both........

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1454530500' post='2970623']
I liked them with original PAS speakers in them.... the problem was if you needed to replace them, which I did.
[/quote]

We've both been through that - luckily I have all originals plus two spare just in case. Having said that, I ought run the numbers as there has to be better alternatives than the Deltalites..

[quote name='mrtcat' timestamp='1454528730' post='2970595']
1st world problems....

See how the new rig fares in a band situation and if it's good there too then you can alternate?
[/quote]

I know. First world problems indeed.
The markbass amp does seem to be naturally a bit warmer,smoother and have more bottom. But that is at very low volume whilst at home ;)

The SWR sound is much nicer for bass at low volumes - it compensate for the weirdness of the human ear with quiet sounds, which otherwise makes bass guitar sound rather midrangey. At high SPL it has a habit of getting lost in the mix so you need a lot of output (my old solution with an SWR Grand Prix and cabs which were rather subdued in the mids was almost 2kW of amp power - and that was in reasonably restrained bands (100W 2x12" guitar amps, not full stacks).

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1454584966' post='2970996']
The SWR sound is much nicer for bass at low volumes - it compensate for the weirdness of the human ear with quiet sounds, which otherwise makes bass guitar sound rather midrangey. At high SPL it has a habit of getting lost in the mix so you need a lot of output (my old solution with an SWR Grand Prix and cabs which were rather subdued in the mids was almost 2kW of amp power - and that was in reasonably restrained bands (100W 2x12" guitar amps, not full stacks).
[/quote]

Well, you know your stuff. I do love my supertwin. It's like picking a favourite child hahaha hahaha hahaha