Why become a member? ×

Commission sales

I'd say the reasons may vary. For example, if I want to sell my 1965 Precision, I'll consider this option as it's rather difficult to sell such instruments here in the Czech Rep. Also it may be a problem to sell my bass here on BC as you'll want to check a bass before you spend £5000. So I would ask The Gallery, Bass Direct, or Andy for their offers and suggestions. To be honest, I've never done that so I cannot say what would be my final decision.

I feel so stupid. Suddenly it dawned upon me:

- "Honey, remember the bass I built myself?"
- "Yes, dear..."
- "Sold it to BassDirect! Got 300 quid for it. They said it was very playable. You want a trip to France?"
- "That's lovely, dear. Congrats! You mean the one that looks exactly like a Fodera Monarch and even has a perfect butterfly inlay in the headstock? That one?..."
- "... ..."

:D

Edited by BassTractor

Im self employed and during very busy times, paying someone for a service thats easy to do yourself, is cost effective if it can free your mind.

I sell a bass through a shop commission sale if the hassle time I expected would be more that the cost of the commission.

ooh ooh me.....I think I know who the seller is......it is Jermain Defoe's new personal assistant doing one of the multitude of things requested in his job spec

Now, he can afford to take a commission sale and doesn't have to put up with us tramps turning up and upsetting the dog by playing too loud...it all makes sense

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/24/jermain-defoe-personal-assistant-sunderland-stocking-fridge