Why become a member? ×

60s fender ? Spot the obvious? GO

Joebethell

[quote name='Zenitram' timestamp='1454543628' post='2970776']
Here's a question:

If the ad had been posted in exactly the same way as it was, with the same wording, the same photos, but a starting bid price of, say, £200, would you still feel the same way? Would it still be a con? Would you report the ad?
[/quote]

In that case I would have contacted the seller and suggested that he amend his description and title to state that this was a Mexican made Fender and was a reliced reissue of a 60s bass. If he then didn't amend his description I would report it. There is no way that it can ever be right that someone would pay a ridiculous amount for a bass that just wasn't worth it whilst also thinking that it was something which it wasn't. You can argue this till the cows come home but for someone to pay over £2000 for a road-worn series bass is not right. I daresay if you were the unfortunate and unknowing victim of such a deal you would be the first to be on here making a noise about it.

I've had a reply from the seller. He/she admitted it was a genuine mistake and thanked me for letting them know. Now if they did pay $4000 for it, you've got to feel sorry for them

[quote name='Hutton' timestamp='1454578892' post='2970900']
I daresay if you were the unfortunate and unknowing victim of such a deal you would be the first to be on here making a noise about it.
[/quote]

Quite possibly, yes. But: caveat emptor. I find the 'ethics' of eBay selling interesting, that's all; that's why I asked the question (I'm not sure of the answer myself, and I was playing devil's advocate, a bit, with my other comments).