Why become a member? ×

Sold: Sadowsky MV5 59 Burst
£1800

Embra

Price drop: now [b]sold[/b]

For sale, my gorgeous five-string Sadowsky. It's an MV5 59 Burst Metroline, only 7 months old and in superb condition. No trades thanks.

I've put some photos of it on google: [url="https://goo.gl/photos/bWYkBV6aec1EEbvV8"]https://goo.gl/photo...YkBV6aec1EEbvV8[/url]

It comes with fresh Sadowsky Blue Stainless strings (45-65-85-105-130) - I immediately swapped them out for Sadowsky flats but I've put them back on for this sale.

It weighs [b]8.5 lbs[/b] (3.85 kg) which is about is low as a metroline MV5 will will get. This is the best bass I've owned (I love my G&Ls but this is in a different league), fantastic neck and that great sadowsky preamp (I like it so much I added one to my G&L JB).

The frets are in excellent condition as it hasn't had much play time. It is blemish and mark free apart from one small discolouration mark on the headstock front: if you look closely at one of the headstock photos you'll see on the edge, in line with the G tuner, a slightly faded mark.

I've loved owning this bass but I guess i'm really just a four-string player (it's been fun trying it out though); hopefully one day I'll own Sadowsky MV or RV4.

If you live nearby (Edinburgh) please feel free to come around and try it. I have a full-size cardboard bass box which I can ship it in (full encased in bubble wrap). Please pm me for a postal quote - I prefer to use UPS as I've shipped a quite few basses with them and had excellent service but I'm happy to use whatever you prefer.

Any questions please just fire away.

Full spec:
[b][i]Sadowsky MV5 Maple Vintage 5[/i][/b][list]
[*]Sleek undersized J body shape
[*]Solid swamp ash
[*]Mint pickguard
[*]Thicker headstock and graphite strips dramatically reduce dead spots and create a more even response on every note
[*]Maple fingerboard
[*]1 7/8” nut width
[*]21 18% nickel/silver frets .094″ wide x .051″ high, maximum hardness
[*]Licensed Hipshot Ultralight tuners
[*]Sadowsky Humcancelling J pickups (60’s location)
[*]Classic Sadowsky Treble and Bass boost pre-amp with true bypass switch
[*]Controls: master vol, pickup blend, treble roll-off (VTC) with pre-amp bypass, bass boost, treble boost
[*]Sadowsky bridge with quick release (chrome)
[*]19mm 5 string bridge spacing
[*]8.5lb
[*]Sadowsky soft-side case.
[/list]

Edited by Embra

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[b]The Big Sadowsky:[/b] What makes a man, Mr. Sadowsky?
[b]The Dude[/b]: Dude.
[b]The Big Sadowsky:[/b] Huh?
[b]The Dude[/b]: Uhh... I don't know sir.
[b]The Big Sadowsky[/b]: Is it being prepared to do the right thing, whatever the cost? Isn't that what makes a man?
[b]The Dude:[/b] Hmmm... Sure, that and a 5 string bass.... (which is now £1700!) :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Paul

Not sold yet but someone has declared a strong interest so I've reserved it for him until he gets back to the UK (which should be anytime soon); if he pulls out I'll post it as available again here. Thanks for the interest.

Cheers
James

[quote name='M@23' timestamp='1465044219' post='3064903']
Just chipping in to say that my MV5 is also the best bass I've every owned. Perfection from top to bottom. This one looks a beauty too.
[/quote]

Thanks dude. I have to agree, I love my G&Ls but this one has been the best I've owned. When funds allow I'll be hunting down an MV4 or RV4 :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...