Why become a member? ×

Effect pedal samples

Guest MoJo

Often I see question posed in threads on this forum along the lines of,
"Best distortion pedal for metal" or "Help required - Envelope filter choice". The original post is then followed by several different suggestions as to which would be the best pedal for the OP's situation.

I bought a James Lomenzo Hyperdrive following the advice given on the forum only to find that it was completely unsuitable for what I wanted (problem now solved with Tech 21 VT Bass Character Pedal)

Wouldn't it be better if Basschatters were able to provide samples of what their pedals can do, post them here on the forum, so that we could all make up our minds ourselves (one man's meat and all that)

Is there anyway that we can do this?

Edited by bassman2790

Well it's easy enough to upload samples to a hosting service like mp3space.com and post links to them here, I've done that with a few pedals before. What would be good though is to have somewhere like the WIKI or Reviews section like they have over at talkbass.com!

While I agree that sound clips do help, you have to remember that everyone has different setups, so ultimately results will vary widely just because of gear, let alone people's opinions and stuff. For example, you could hear a pedal sample on a Jazz straight into a soundcard and not like the tone, yet play the same pedal on a P with flats through an Ampeg head and absolutely love it.

I do agree that soundclips are helpful, but you should take them with a pinch of salt.

Well as the person with over 100 pedal soundclips and the major contributer to the TB wiki I won't be posting mine here due to the fact it takes hours copying links over, feel free to copy them from the wiki though I am only giving permission to copy mine but it's very time consuming and they are already available in a nice easy accessible place.