Why become a member? ×

NAMM 2016

NancyJohnson

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1453655728' post='2961463']
Really loving the relic'd Ibanez hollowbodies & SR Singlecut.

The Orange O bass was the single biggest 'wtf' moment for me.....like.....really? You waited for winter NAMM to announce this thing?! Blurgh

The TC Ditto X4 looks very impressive too!

Si
[/quote]

Im also loving the Ibanez stuff this year. As for the O bass, I think the orange coloured Orange O Bass is bloody awful but I think this is actually pretty cool for less than £300! http://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Orange-O-Bass-Guitar-Sunburst/1GGD

Edited by skej21

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1453623298' post='2961040']
Pedals seem to be the thing. GK has a preamp pedal out, the EBS Sheehan deluxe sig and the Tech21 Fly Rig.

Google Fender Tele Offset (I can't bring myself to post a picture of it ). It perfectly sums up Fender at the moment. They really need a new senior management team.
[/quote]

The telemaster is actually a fairly common diy job in that whole "offset guitar" community. Lots of people have made them for themselves, this seems like exactly the sort of thing Fender should be doing.

I thought Fender had gone as far as they could with their design team having no ideas left other than to jumble up bits and pieces of various guitars and come out with something new, but I suppose they're more resourceful than I give them credit for. Fender Tele Offset really is the twang of the bottom of the barrel being scraped. No, wait, they can still drag it out for another few years by offering "new" colours.

I can't help but imagine a FA Cup style draw, complete with numbered balls and black velvet bag.

"22 - that's a Jazzmaster body"

"14 - that's a Telecaster neck, drawn away for the first time in three seasons"

"15 - is the cupset on? That's the telecaster electronics package"

"INTERN! Whip that up in Photoshop, stat! Good work, team. See you next September"

[quote name='visog' timestamp='1453752592' post='2962503']

What? Nerfing one of their crown jewels into an Ibanez Talman?
[/quote]

Offset guitars are "in" which is exactly why the Talman has been rereleased.

The telemaster has a large fanbase which was sparked after Fender released a very limited Custom Shop version (it's not a new idea). Googling for it throws up lots of diy builds. They'll easily sell 500 in each colour. Here's a diy thread from last week!

http://www.tdpri.com/forum/finely-finished/608435-first-nitro-refinish-surf-green-telemaster.html

Here's a thread about it at Offset Guitars. Whilst not everyone is positive you'll notice the common consensus of "finally" and "about time too".

http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=96398

So yes, on balance I'd say that yes, Fender paying attention to the DiY community and releasing something to meet that market is pretty much exactly what they should be doing.

Edited by uncle psychosis

I follow the NAMM stuff when it happens. I have a wishlist:
- Gibson. Please make some Thunderbirds available in some different colours
- Gibson. Please make an affordable double cut Les Paul Junior with a single P90 in TV yellow. I don't want/need an overpriced BillieJoe signature model.