Why become a member? ×

Conversion rates when buying and selling in the Market place.

Ruck

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1453481121' post='2959934']
I know if you use Paypal, you can put in how much the recipient needs to receive.
[/quote]

Similarly with a bank transfer, one may specify the final amount in the receiving account, in local currency. It simply needs thinking about, by both parties, beforehand.

[quote name='Ruck' timestamp='1453479047' post='2959901']
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We've agreed to compromise and split the difference. Many thanks to everyone who commented here! Next time buying from overseas I will know better to confirm rates and the final sums of conversion. You guys have been great thanks![/font][/color]
[/quote]

Glad to hear you've agreed a compromise, and perhaps a lesson learned somewhere along the line. Not sure I would have felt the need, but that's just me.

Having said that (and notwithstanding the point about implied terms), I still haven't heard anybody explain to me the logic of [b][i]not[/i][/b] specifying one's native currency when pricing one's items for sale. Anybody who trades regularly across currency boundaries would be expecting it.

On second thought, maybe I just need to get out more! I've had a severe case of manflu this week and there's a non-zero probability that I'm a bit more tetchy than normal... :swoon: