Why become a member? ×

Please help... problem with Ashdown MAG 300

crward77

[quote name='crward77' timestamp='1453039630' post='2955808']...can anyone spot the op amp...
[/quote]

There are several in there; they look like this ...

... Type of op amp is TL072. The one's most likely to be affected are IC3 and IC2. Frankly, I think you've done as much as you can (and jolly well, too...) but I think it's time to hand it over to a reliable competent technician for art least an estimate. If, indeed, it's solely an affair of op amps, they're not expensive at all, but there are many other components in there that could be affected. A good tech will get this up and running, or tell you exactly what's wrong. You're not going to be able to fiw this on the kitchen table with only a bread knife and a pocket handkerchief. Sorry if that's bad news, but you've done your best.
I was for many years an electronic technician in this very field, amongst others. Trust me; this is not difficult for someone experienced, but is beyond fuse-changing and such, I fear.
Hope this helps...

[quote name='taunton-hobbit' timestamp='1453041607' post='2955838']
Thanks dad, I just tried to post something very similar, but the bots wouldn't let me....

:)
[/quote]

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:167485]

That there South Devon, I'd say. Well known for electronic obstruction of all sorts, probably to do with ley lines and such. They're a bad lot down there, or so I'm told. :lol: :P

[quote name='crward77' timestamp='1453039630' post='2955808']
First of all, thanks again for your amazing support. I had a look for an Op Amp. But i couldn't see anything that looks like this...

which is an op amp on wikipedia.

Also, i connected cables to the effects return ans get jack in crackles, so I think the speaker is working.

I have obtained the amp schematic from here (http://music-electronics-forum.com/attachments/23084d1366992849-mag300.pdf) can anyone spot the op amo, which may help me actually locate it on the amp.

Once again, I cannot thank you enough for your support. :D

Chris
[/quote]
Crikey that's a very early 741 opamp. What is wikipedia playing at...?

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1453056419' post='2956022']
Crikey that's a very early 741 opamp. What is wikipedia playing at...?
[/quote]

Hey up; steady on..! I remember when these modern contraptions came out..! It's electronic archaeology to some, but fond (fading... :blush: ) memories for others..! Part of our proud heritage, to know where the iPhone and such started out; it seems like the day before yesterday. There's many still drooling over valve amps, remember..! :rolleyes: :lol:

Edited by Dad3353