Why become a member? ×

Plethora of Peavey

kodiakblair

Late last month there was a Peavey Foundation up for grabs in Surrey.Mojo was interested but real life conspired against him :( .
Discreet thought it was time to try a Jazz neck again,we know how that thought ends :lol: Me ? I get the offer you can't refuse.

Something just sounds right when saying 4 Foundations,conjures up Earth,Wind,Fire,Water elemental type thing. And lets face it if you've played one you'll
know they sound Grand.So this black and maple from 91 joined my other black and maple Foundation & 2 white ones !! But why the hell would you want 4 ?

Easy :) 2 of them have Super Ferrite pickups and 2 with soapbars. Now I can string one of each with flats. I could have already done this as the active Dyna
bass has Ferrites and can be played in passive mode but remember this offer couldn't be refused :D

Thank You Mark. 2016 has got off to a great start and I'm now GAS free :o
[attachment=208697:4 Foundations.jpg]

Foundations are fantastic basses - the super ferrite pickups are HOT. Just too narrow a nut-width for me, unfortunately. But if this is something you can deal with then there are huge bargains out there to be had. The 91 Foundation I had briefly was light, balanced well, sounded great, and the one-piece maple neck was as good as anything you'll see. A classic USA-built proper pro bass for peanuts.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1452002962' post='2945370']
I do wonder if there are ways to build a sleeve to thicken the neck of a bass...
[/quote]

More trouble than it's worth, I'm sure!
Probably end up looking like that abomination of a 4-string Warwick that someone made into a 5-stringer...