Why become a member? ×

I've got a bog-standard chrome Badass II for sale if anyone wants it? You know the drill, it's a solid, reliable, quality piece of kit, and with the exception of slots cut in the saddles for the strings, it's mint condition too. It's a great upgrade for anything with a traditional bent-tin style bridge, but the styling of the Badass is just not for me. I'm ordering a traditional style Wilkinson bridge with brass saddles just now after recommendation from BassBunny, so in a couple of days the Badass will off my Jazz and ready to go.

I'm looking for [b]£35 inc. postage[/b] if anyone's interested.

Cheers

Jono

Edit: Will try and get pics up if anyone needs them.

Edited by jono b

[quote name='budget bassist' post='284543' date='Sep 15 2008, 09:24 PM']hardly a fair swap that! :)[/quote]

...I don't know.....I swaped out a Gotoh for a Badass II earlier tonight on my Jazz and there's not a lot in it TBH.

As far a money is concered, I am prepared to add a wee bit.

D.

[quote name='deksawyer' post='284615' date='Sep 15 2008, 10:58 PM']...I don't know.....I swaped out a Gotoh for a Badass II earlier tonight on my Jazz and there's not a lot in it TBH.

D.[/quote]

I quite like Gotoh bridges, nice low profile and definitely a cosmetic improvement over a Badass!
Does it's job admirably on my Warmoth :)

[quote name='deksawyer' post='284615' date='Sep 15 2008, 10:58 PM']...I don't know.....I swaped out a Gotoh for a Badass II earlier tonight on my Jazz and there's not a lot in it TBH.

D.[/quote]
I'm only messing with you, i doubt it would make much difference aside from the money. Though badasses look so... well... badass! :)

Sorry folks, Badass is sold pending payment. Even if I hadn't (provisionally) sold it, a swap for a Gotoh would definitely not be on the cards, I've done it before and felt a bit short changed, the two bridges are not exactly of equal standard, and I found that the Gotoh was not much improvement over the standard Fender one.