Why become a member? ×

Barefaced generation 3 Super compact & Super midget.

Kevin Dean

I have this set up (SC and SM). I use it with a GK MB500. Super clean, super flat and super loud. Not much 'vibe' (intentional), so I use an EBS valve drive as a pre-amp, and that's my tone sorted. It's the closest I've got to a rig sounding like the PA does, so I'm confident that I won't get too many nasty surprises when the DI comes back through the monitors. Nothing worse than your all valve beast rig sitting up on stage and knowing that no-one will ever hear it (and no, you can't always insist that the sound person mics it up. That's a luxury bonus if they've got time :-) It's certainly the most useful rig I've ever had.

Since you aren't getting much response I'll chip in my experience of ownership of 6+ years of a G1 Compact and G2 Midget and now owning a G3 Super Midget and G3 BB2.

All the above are excellent cabs. I could still be happy with the G1/2 cabs but circumstances conspired to make me change my cabs last year.

Firstly, based on my BB2 I imagine a G3 Compact would carry 99% of my gigs. They are loud and full sounding on their own and any louder you should really be through the PA.

Still, having a Compact and Midget gives you 3 rigs meaning you're 100% sure you can cover ANY gig.

A Super Compact + Super Midget would be great sounding and very loud - if that's what you need, and flexible for the smallest to the largest gig. My BB2 always gets used if there's enough space and it has never disappointed. My band love it. I've been told by the band never to sell my BF gear.

Anyway, if you didn't like it you could return it and get your money back but I don't think you'd be doing that from my experience of Barefaced. :)

Frank.

[quote name='machinehead' timestamp='1451942314' post='2944930']
Since you aren't getting much response I'll chip in my experience of ownership of 6+ years of a G1 Compact and G2 Midget and now owning a G3 Super Midget and G3 BB2.

All the above are excellent cabs. I could still be happy with the G1/2 cabs but circumstances conspired to make me change my cabs last year.

Firstly, based on my BB2 I imagine a G3 Compact would carry 99% of my gigs. They are loud and full sounding on their own and any louder you should really be through the PA.

Still, having a Compact and Midget gives you 3 rigs meaning you're 100% sure you can cover ANY gig.

A Super Compact + Super Midget would be great sounding and very loud - if that's what you need, and flexible for the smallest to the largest gig. My BB2 always gets used if there's enough space and it has never disappointed. My band love it. I've been told by the band never to sell my BF gear.

Anyway, if you didn't like it you could return it and get your money back but I don't think you'd be doing that from my experience of Barefaced. :)

Frank.
[/quote]Thanks Frank , Is there a difference in sound between the BB2 & the Super Midget .

[quote name='alexclaber' timestamp='1452249635' post='2947975']
If there wasn't then we wouldn't make both! ;)
[/quote] Good point [list]
[*]An ideal alternative to the Big Baby 2 for smaller stages - which will pair up as an awesome stack for very loud gigs
[*]That's off of your Web site So I thought perhaps it's just louder ? ;)
[/list]

Kevin,

There is a difference in sound between a BB2 and Super Midget.

Both sound great but the BB2 is deeper and smoother a sounds bigger. It feels like it fills a room with bass more than the SM.

After saying that, the SM alone is amazing as well but the BB2 just gives an even fuller sound.

It's hard to put into words but I hope that helps a little.

Frank.

• 3 years later...
On 08/01/2016 at 12:43, Kevin Dean said:

If there wasn't then we wouldn't make both! ;)

Good point

• An ideal alternative to the Big Baby 2 for smaller stages - which will pair up as an awesome stack for very loud gigs
  • That's off of your Web site So I thought perhaps it's just louder ? ;)

What is smaller stages? Jazz bands only? Thank you.