Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Sold Pending The Usual: 1991 MIJ Fender Precision Bass PB57 Black with Hard Case
£500

timmchale2009

Good evening All.

So I'm putting up my 25 year old P Bass, sublime player, sounds awesome and is a real head turner.

This started life as a PB57 black & white guard... However I've changed over a few things to get the absolute most out of this bass...

It's had a Tusq nut put in and had a proper shim to get optimal action. I've replaced the stock bridge (this will be supplied) with a Gotoh 201b which just retrofits on. I've put the bridge, pickup and thumb rest on and replaced the stock white guard out with a 3 ply black white black guard, I specifically got a 50's one so it just retrofits without any additional drilling.

Now... If you're looking for an absolute pristine, unmarked bass... Then stop reading now. However if you're looking for a great condition (for it's age anyway), solid, awesome playing & sounding bass then this could well be the one for you, and at a considerable snip in comparison to it's Mexican road worn relatives, I have tried my level best to get photos in with any dings, scuffs or the like in. Currently set up with D'addario Chromes. Weighs circa 4kgs or 8.8lbs (can be more accurate of required) in imperial. So not massive heavy, but not stupidly featherweight but sits nicely and is really well balanced IMHO. Comes with a a hard case which keeps the bass as it should.

So... The nitty gritty... I am not in a rush to sell it, however trades for a decent lightweight 2 X 12/4 X 10 cab (Aguilar, EBS, Ampeg PN series, Markbass etc). So trade value of £500 for those.

For a cash/bank transfer/PayPal etc. I will do £425 shipped & insured or alternatively you can come to Chez McHale have a coffee and be shouted at repeatedly by my Bedlington Terrier, Winston, for the princely sum of £400.

Any questions please ask away.

Regards

Tim

Edited by timmchale2009

Thank you. Too wide, thankfully. Once again, another sleepless night avoided :)

It is a stunningly good looking bass - black, black and maple are my favourite combo and there's something rather nice going on in the neck grain, too.

This should go really quickly.