Why become a member? ×

Bassists Tired Of Being Ignored By Players Of 'Rock Band'

bnt

[url="http://www.crystalair.com/content.php?id=1B200809008"]Link[/url]

[quote]"If you don't include the second guitar, who's going to go out and buy it just to play bass?" asked Tony Levin of the progressive rock band King Crimson. "Hell, I remember back in the '80s I had a bloody time getting Robert [Fripp] to shell out for my actual bass. But I finally convinced him that Larks' Tongues in Aspic (Part III) would make no musical sense without one.

"We were such pretentious assholes," he added.[/quote]

Oh dear... :)

[quote]Squire was even more adamant, insisting that Rock Band players need to understand that "the bass is the backbone of any rock composition" - and to prove his point, he proceeded to play the entire bassline to the 22-minute Yes song Gates Of Delerium, explaining his musical choices as he went along. Then the CAP News reporter's head exploded from boredom.[/quote]

Edited by MuseMatt

What a dribbling bag of sheeite.
[quote]including a bass guitar [with the game], but we didn't think people would want to pay an extra $15 just for that," admitted Alex Rigopulos, co-founder and CEO of Harmonix, creators of Rock Band. "Mainly because standing there fake-plucking a plastic bass for hours would probably [b][i]make your head explode from boredom[/i][/b]."

...and to prove his point, he proceeded to play the entire bassline to the 22-minute Yes song Gates Of Delerium, explaining his musical choices as he went along. Then the CAP News reporter's [b][i]head exploded from boredom[/i][/b].[/quote]
Oh dear. The CAP 'News' reporter seems to have lost his metaphor dictionary.
Wannker. :) :huh: