Why become a member? ×

Advice in getting a refund - HELP!

So I bought a Guyatone VT2 Tremolo off eBay, cool little pedal but don't think I'll use it much so pursuing a refund/exchange with the shop. The pedal arrived 1st Dec, so we're within the shop's 14 day returns period.
However I've accidentally closed the Return Case, and eBay say that it's now not possible to reopen.. I'm not sure if the seller is going to co-operate, what should I do?
I'm going to try calling the shop to negotiate but if that fails, shall I call PayPal?

Cheers!

Edited by AinsleyWalker

Hi Mate

I am not sure how the rules apply with returns and I really do not want to sound harsh but I am not sure why the shop/seller would take it back because you dont think you will use it much as they will have to sell it on as B stock or used I hope you sort it out though if it was me I would sell it on here and take a small loss

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1449835033' post='2927295']
Hi Mate

I am not sure how the rules apply with returns and I really do not want to sound harsh but I am not sure why the shop/seller would take it back because you dont think you will use it much as they will have to sell it on as B stock or used I hope you sort it out though if it was me I would sell it on here and take a small loss
[/quote]

No that's fine you don't sound rude, but through eBay I'm certain you're able to return something on the grounds that you're simply not happy with the item.

But yes I might do that... I'd ideally be looking for a trade but I'll look into starting a FS topic later if I have no joy. Cheers

NOTE: It wouldn't be B-stock I don't think, as this is quite an old pedal anyway so not brand new.

Edited by AinsleyWalker

[quote name='AinsleyWalker' timestamp='1449835148' post='2927298']
No that's fine you don't sound rude, but through eBay I'm certain you're able to return something on the grounds that you're simply not happy with the item.

But yes I might do that... I'd ideally be looking for a trade but I'll look into starting a FS topic later if I have no joy. Cheers

NOTE: It wouldn't be B-stock I don't think, as this is quite an old pedal anyway so not brand new.
[/quote] Ah if the pedal is used I see no reason why the seller should not offer you an exchange as they wont lose anything may be worth having a look what they have in stock and sending them a message? Good luck whatever happens :)

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1449835827' post='2927308']
Oops, I've just re-read your first post, and I hadn't noticed that you're inside the 14 days. If you contact the seller directly you might be OK.
[/quote]

I did that stating that it was my wish to exchange it for something else and pay the extra, but they said they can't due to their 14 day policy... So i went back stating it was less than 14 days since I received it..
They haven't replied yet so thought I'd get some advice before I try calling them on my lunch break.

[quote name='Thunderbird' timestamp='1449835916' post='2927309']
Ah if the pedal is used I see no reason why the seller should not offer you an exchange as they wont lose anything may be worth having a look what they have in stock and sending them a message? Good luck whatever happens :)
[/quote]

I can't as their website is under construction and doesn't have their stock listed :( but thanks!

I think this might be a complicated situation legally, well beyond my knowledge.

While the OP is still within the return period, the fact that he closed the return on ebay may be taken as accepting the goods. Legally.

However, many shops want to maintain good customer relations. If the OP phones the shop, explains that he closed the purchase by accident, and politely says that he'd like to return, then it may well happen that things are sorted out.