Why become a member? ×

MARKBASS Little mark 3 & 102p (2x10) traveler - new amp day !!!!

Wonky2

Gigged with my new set up last night.....
During sound check i was a little dismayed as the size of the room was huge, stage riser was more forward from the back wall than id prefer and a lack of meatbags made things difficult, my fear was i was not getting enough "meaningful bottom end"... It was there but as ive described before, like a glass of lemonade in comparrison to a pint of guinness.......?
Every one else said sound was great out front so i just accepted their views and went with it. Started all flat, added a little tube filter and had scoop filter around hslf way, then boosted low and low mid just a touch. Cab tweeter was set at half way.

Well, criwd said it sounded great and ive seen a video since which confirms that thr front of house sound was lovely. Warm , deep, yet punchy.
Happy with the sound despite pre gig new gear nerves... ( not had chance to use it with tbe band untill the gig)

Input gain was low as my MM sterling output is hot, may open her up and look for output potentiometer to turn it down a touch...?

All in all, great gear.
Best part of all, it all fitted in the boot, carried in and set up within minutes, packed away in minutes.... Got home and unloaded gear from car into house in ONE TRIP!!!!

[quote name='Wonky2' timestamp='1450031089' post='2928958']

Best part of all, it all fitted in the boot, carried in and set up within minutes, packed away in minutes.... Got home and unloaded gear from car into house in ONE TRIP!!!!
[/quote]

Indeed - same here.

NY cabs, Carvin amp head + rack case , total weight = 75lbs. Not much more than a pair of bedroom slippers

Laughing all the way to the next gig. 19th December. Tally Ho

That's a nice wee rig. :)

I had Roqsolid make a cover for mine & never had any issues with it in the many years that I had it. Easy to wipe clean & more importantly, gave good protection from getting chucked from car to venue & back.

As for the badge, I think it looks fine where it is (I considered moving mine, but opted not to).

Ended up ordering the mark bass cover as I figured it would be a good fit.... Was happy with the head case bag quality so hoped for more of the same.....

Came today. ! £56 is a little pricey but I want my gear kept nice so there you go.

Quality is great, thick, durable, maybe shower proof I guess , padded well and lined..... Feels a bit like wet suit material (neoprene) backed with cordura (very tough fabric. Corners are all thick seemed too.
I look after my gear but the last thing I want is a tasty black hairy cab covered in bits of crap out my boot.... Saying that, my boots fairly tidy .....can you tell, I'm a bit OCD (remember that when it's selling/buying time) :)

So now, I'm sorted.

Wonky