Why become a member? ×

Fender Nate Mendel P Bass SOLD
£700

mr.noisy

New [s]trade[/s] sale value: £550
[s]New options: extension cab to fit my Markbass Mini CMD121P plus cash my way
Maybe some Jazz Bass, or any other bass? Offer me whatever, but be prepared for declining. Only straight or cash my way trades though, as I just bought another bass, so no more spending this year!

Hello,
So this is only a feeler at the moment and it really depends if I will find something that will be interesting.
It is a TRADE ONLY for American Mustang or Musicmaster bass. Visual condition doesn't really matter, I know these are considered to be a vintage stuff now and most of them I have seen are close to a relic look, so as long as the neck is straight, electronics work and frets are decent I will be up for a swap, but only after a meeting, so I could try it first.[/s]

I have bought it brand new from Wunjos in Denmark street about 2 months ago, and it's made in 2015 so it's pretty fresh, but as it is a road worn bass, it came with some dings and body finish is dulled etc etc, it already gained some extra dings but you couldn't really tell unless you would have another one of these right next to it. Neck on this bass is great, and it feels almost like a Jazz neck. It is strung with DR flats and sounds funky. Most shops are selling them for around £770, comes in a Fender gig bag and with all the paperwork or gig bag candy :D

The pics don't do any justice to the bass, it is hard to catch that candy red dulled finish but at least here is something

Scott Devine recently started using this bass too, and here is one of the vids when he used it.
[url="https://youtu.be/5Ue5MEHYyTM"]https://youtu.be/5Ue5MEHYyTM[/url]

I am based in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire, you can pop in and try it out, I will also deliver free of charge within London area or anywhere reasonably close to Borehamwood, or for some extra petrol money if it's further away. Meeting halfway possible too. I won't post I'm afraid, as I don't have any solid box or case.
Any questions, please let me know!
Cheers
Pat

Edited by mr.noisy

I happened to spot this Musicmaster for sale in Guitar Guitar Glasgow. Caught my eye as I owned a white one back in the day. You could get them to send it down to a store nearer to you. Hope this helps.
http://m.guitarguitar.co.uk/Product/PX151121290907002

CB

[quote name='cloudburst' timestamp='1449308288' post='2922371']
I happened to spot this Musicmaster for sale in Guitar Guitar Glasgow. Caught my eye as I owned a white one back in the day. You could get them to send it down to a store nearer to you. Hope this helps.
[url="http://m.guitarguitar.co.uk/Product/PX151121290907002"]http://m.guitarguita...151121290907002[/url]

CB
[/quote]

Many thanks, I really wanted a trade but this is tempting.

[quote name='mr.noisy' timestamp='1449319478' post='2922542']
Many thanks, I really wanted a trade but this is tempting.
[/quote]

I'm sure they would trade. They do sell second hand instruments. And I imagine your p-bass would be regarded as an easier sale.

CB

Thank you lownote12 but I am not selling this bass, just trying to trade and not even sure if I will even if I will get the offers, it is great, I play it everyday and I just love it more and more, especially with the flats on.

Edited by mr.noisy

So, as I have managed to get my hands on a Musicmaster without having to trade, here I am bumping it with some new options, but still, very hesitant to let it go, so I am going to be picky, and I might actually withdraw it. But for now, PM me with any offers.

[quote name='jonnythenotes' timestamp='1452104642' post='2946488']
What is the weight of the bass...? I am interested, but the weight is a pretty critical thing to me.... Thanks..
[/quote]

I'm afraid that I do not have any accurate scale at the moment, but I will try to weight it using the good old bathroom scale and standing with and without the bass on it and then taking the difference, I know it's not super accurate but this is all I can do at the moment.

Hi there, would you be interested in a trade with a 2011 Sterling Ray 34 limited edition white with [color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Basslines SMB-4D pickup?[/font][/color]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Cheers, Thomas[/font][/color]

[quote name='jonnythenotes' timestamp='1452104642' post='2946488']
What is the weight of the bass...? I am interested, but the weight is a pretty critical thing to me.... Thanks..
[/quote]

I have a Nate Mendel and it comes in about 8 and a half pounds on my scales.