Why become a member? ×

Tc electronic bg 115 any users out there

Jimbogubson

Hi folks, have been looking at getting one of these as my first bass amp. Has any one had experience of them? I've read some stuff which was dated a couple of years ago, that they have a tendency to go up in smoke. how capable of gigging are they? (pubs & jam nights) they seem very well priced at the moment. Any alternative recommendations?
Cheers

Cheers for that fellas. I will pass up on the second hand one though. They are only £259 at the moment so I think if I do decide to go for it, I'll get a shiny new one with a warranty just incase it goes bang! I was told by one of the shops that it's only 125 watts until an extension cab is plugged in which brings it up to the full 250w. Is this correct?

Buy a new one as mine went pop and was out of warranty. I would assume they have solved whatever problem they had by now.

The combo is rated at 250 watts into the fitted 4 ohm speaker. Mine was loud enough for pub gigs and I was quite happy with it until it went up in smoke.

Thanks for the input folks. I picked one up last week from Andertons.it seems like it should do the job nicely although I did try out the mark bass jb school player as well which I think did sound better, but was a hundred quid more and as I am new to this bass playing lark, I didn't want to spend too much just yet!