Why become a member? ×

Who the hell changed my Avatar pic???

Che

Im a bit shocked to see that someone changed my avatar pic. I had my own photo of a single cut guitar and a Jazz bass and today I see this Roland sign!!! I never ever had anything from Roland who is doing this???

Thank you Admins for shedding some light over this mystery

[quote name='Che' timestamp='1448616403' post='2916809']
Yes I too can now see the single cut and the bass but Im serious there was a Roland logo yesterday there. I was stupid not to take a screen pic.
[/quote]

It's probably just your browser cache getting a bit mixed up. Depending on your system, I'd recommend a clean-up (CCleaner..?) and maybe a de-frag. It's certainly not from this end, just a local 'flub' from your own PC. We may look into getting sponsorship from Roland Corps, however, if it becomes a general issue for everyone. A new revenue stream opening up..? Hmm... We'll look into that... ;)

I never ever had any Roland logo pics in my history, not in my computer, not on my Photobucket, so ... If it is some sort of a BUG then how come that BUG placed a logo of an instrument manufacturer on a music forum? hm ... interesting ;)

[quote name='Che' timestamp='1448656669' post='2917288']
I never ever had any Roland logo pics in my history, not in my computer, not on my Photobucket, so ... If it is some sort of a BUG then how come that BUG placed a logo of an instrument manufacturer on a music forum? hm ... interesting ;)
[/quote]

Do you ever see adverts for any products in your general browsing..? Some of these may have pictures associated. These are in your system, just the same as your own pics, but handled by the System and your browser. If, for whatever reason, the pair of 'em 'flub', [i]anything [/i]could get posted, not necessarily from your own collection of pics. Your browser 'knows' what your interests are (or rather, has stocked a certain number of sites and such that it's been programmed to retain...), so a music-related graphic would be of little surprise. If you browse gardening sites regularly, maybe a cabbage will appear..? Spooky..! :huh:

Edited by Dad3353

Years ago I fell out with an IT geek who was a mod on a biking forum. Through some trickery he caused my avatar to be seen as a vagina to all but me. I still saw my original avatar. It was only discovered by me when the site owner contacted me to complain my avatar was inappropriate! Needless to say he was made to change it back but was still allowed to continue as a mod.

[quote name='Bobthedog' timestamp='1448666509' post='2917374']
Years ago I fell out with an IT geek who was a mod on a biking forum. Through some trickery he caused my avatar to be seen as a vagina to all but me. I still saw my original avatar. It was only discovered by me when the site owner contacted me to complain my avatar was inappropriate! Needless to say he was made to change it back but was still allowed to continue as a mod.
[/quote]

It's not a good idea to put notions of the sort into our pretty little heads. Who knows what we could come up with..? :unsure: For the moment you're safe; no-one here has the slightest clue about IT. :mellow:

[quote name='icastle' timestamp='1448753684' post='2917962']
Whilst Global Moderators do have the facility to delete an avatar, there is no facility to replace or upload one on a users account, let alone toggle them.
[/quote]

and, besides, they've better things to do with their precious time, such as crossword puzzles and raffia weaving, once the Doctors have done their rounds (allegedly...). :mellow: