Why become a member? ×

Hartke HA5500 prices

lemmywinks

I'm selling my Hartke HA5500 rig elsewhere on this site and have had a bit of interest in the head. The rig is up at £550 at the mo.

The problem is that Hartke have just released a new head that's 500w and £239 new (inc. post), so i'm not sure on the second hand value of mine. I'm certain it will have gone down in value (cheers Hartke!) but is the new head better? Is it replacing the HA series?

Any thoughts are appreciated

Cheers guys (and gals)!

• 3 weeks later...

[size=3]Hi There,

I can't really comments on the price of your amp, as I really don't know, they are £459 from GAk new?

The new 500w solid state head is also Made in China,don't know where the 5500's are made I think they have less features.

I'm interested in buying a 5500.

Send me a mail

Best regards Neil [/size]

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='281998' date='Sep 11 2008, 05:01 PM']I'm selling my Hartke HA5500 rig elsewhere on this site and have had a bit of interest in the head. The rig is up at £550 at the mo.

The problem is that Hartke have just released a new head that's 500w and £239 new (inc. post), so i'm not sure on the second hand value of mine. I'm certain it will have gone down in value (cheers Hartke!) but is the new head better? Is it replacing the HA series?

Any thoughts are appreciated

Cheers guys (and gals)![/quote]

The LH series are part of the new HyDrive rigs, don't think they're replacing the HA series.

[quote name='Jase' post='297527' date='Oct 2 2008, 01:12 PM']The LH series are part of the new HyDrive rigs, don't think they're replacing the HA series.[/quote]

I think they may eventually phase them out though, obviously there's still some stock to shift but the HA5500 is competing with the littlemark etc price-wise and pretty much all Hartke's production has been shifted to china now, so i think they're going the ultra budget route. As a plus point this means bass players have a well-built and good-sounding alternative to behringer!

As a minus it means all of us who paid £500+ for our amps aren't getting half of that back :)

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='297664' date='Oct 2 2008, 02:58 PM']I think they may eventually phase them out though, obviously there's still some stock to shift but the HA5500 is competing with the littlemark etc price-wise and pretty much all Hartke's production has been shifted to china now, so i think they're going the ultra budget route. As a plus point this means bass players have a well-built and good-sounding alternative to behringer!

As a minus it means all of us who paid £500+ for our amps aren't getting half of that back :)[/quote]

Nah, they're big selling amps....I think they'll be around for a while yet.

AFAIK Hartke amps have always been made in the Far East,even the early models?
(Used to have initials on back panel stating made in 'PROC' or maybe 'PROK',either China or Korea etc.)
Hartke advertising used to strongly imply it was all USA manufactured despite this I believe. Not that its a
problem for me - great sounding amps at great prices and reliable too in my experience. With the new range looks like
they're on to a winner.
Some of my favourite players have used 'em too-Jack Bruce at the Cream reunion gigs, and Gary Tallent with The E Street Band.

[quote name='casapete' post='299160' date='Oct 4 2008, 09:58 AM']AFAIK Hartke amps have always been made in the Far East,even the early models?
(Used to have initials on back panel stating made in 'PROC' or maybe 'PROK',either China or Korea etc.)
Hartke advertising used to strongly imply it was all USA manufactured despite this I believe. Not that its a
problem for me - great sounding amps at great prices and reliable too in my experience. With the new range looks like
they're on to a winner.
Some of my favourite players have used 'em too-Jack Bruce at the Cream reunion gigs, and Gary Tallent with The E Street Band.[/quote]

The earlier HA series were USA, as were the Kickback combos a few years ago. My housemate has a USA Kickback 15" and it's noticeably better quality. All the A and B series are chinese though AFAIK