Why become a member? ×

Dr LowRider strings difficult to slide smoothly

bassfan41

I just bought some Dr LowRiders to put on my fretless cause the good reviews I read, but didn't read anything about people have issues with them feeling like they grab at your fingers when you slide, especially doing vibrato. I bought some half-rounds and took them off pretty quick because of this issue and the fact I wasn't to big on the sound. I a using fast fret, but dosen't really seem to fix the issue. Any ideas on how to remedy the problem or will they get smoother over time?

I always find playing them in helps, getting a bit of finger funk on the strings greases them up a little bit!

If you want to speed that process up, rub your fingers in the crease of your nose to pick up the oils that kinda collect there.
Nose grease - It'll make your strings super slippy! (though probably not the most hygienic method!)

[quote name='bassfan41' timestamp='1448165849' post='2913395']
They're stainless. I have a different brand(I can't remember what kind right now) on my fretted and have used many different brands of rounds and never had this experience. I'm wondering if LowRoiders are more of a half-round than they let on to.
[/quote]
SS on a fretless?! Bye bye fingerboard.