Why become a member? ×

greetings from wales

brokensmile

Evenin' all.

Been reading some of your posts helping first time buyers and im in the same sort of bind myself! You all seemed a rather helpful bunch so I figured I'd join up and say hey.

I play in a melodic punk rock band in the south wales area but I love playing anything from pop punk to reggae. I'm in the market for a cheap and cheerful head. I've been looking at Asdown Mag300 and Laney RB9 to give you an idea of my price range and was wondering if anyone had any advice? I've been blagging to borrow at gigs and rekon it's about time I shaped up and got my own head and looking to buy asap so any help would be greatly appreaciated!

Cheers.

Joe.

I'm playing a Fender Precision which I've had for quite some time now. Real sturdy and reliable-and most importantly for me, it's simple. It's a Mexican make as I could't afford to shell out for a more expensive model at the time but it's still going strong and I love playing it so much, I can't see any time when I'm going to want to change it.

Joe.

Welcome! Another Cadiff resident here ..
If you fancy a 1990's Randall RB 2000 Bi-amp head I can help out as I have one for sale cheap. ..It's very, very heavy :) and you need two cabs to run it properly (or two seperately wired speakers in one cab)

"Randall RB 2000, 375 watts for the lows and 130 watts for the highs.It has independant level for each amp, elec. crossover, compressor, contour, eq, and great built in DI that can lift the ground, control output level and send the signal before or after the effects loop. The orginal matching cabinets that were made for this were a 2-15 and 2-12."

It's the head in this advert.

Cheers,
The OldGit of Roath

Edited by OldGit