Why become a member? ×

MTD Kingston 5 string - not original - price drop
£350

Owen

This is a lot of bass for the money. I have waxed lyrical about them whenever they come up. It is light (8lbs 5.5oz) and has a fairly flat fingerboard. The neck has an asymetric carve on the back and has the Buzz Feinten intonation system. 35" scale.

When I bought it originally it an MM type of humbucker in it (this will come with the bass).

I will now list all I have done to it.

Rout body to accept Seymor Duncan MM pickup. 2 x MM pickups = more betterer, obv.

Drilled body to accept Active preamp.

Got bored and took original pickup and SD pickup and preamp out and put a custom wound Armstrong P pickup in there.

Installed an empty shell to cover the hole left by the SD pickup.

Vol + passive tone (with funky chicken head knob) , spare hole so dummy pot + knob to fill hole and a KILL SWITCH because there was another spare hole.

Did I mention a KILL SWITCH?

The strings are "dead as" TI Jazz rounds (not flats) and they have a lovely springy sponginess to them. There is a D tuner on the B which slides down to A very easily. It is a silver one. But let's not get too fussy.

So, yeah, this is not factory fresh but it is a really nice bass. So why am I selling? I just do not use it as I have others. If I had any backbone at all I would sell my two 4 strings as well but..........well...........maybe one day.....................

It is very black if that kind of thing floats your boat.

I do not NEED to sell this so if it does not shift then my world will not stop turning. It will go when it goes.

As I have mentioned it is an awful lot of bass for the £ and if it was my only bass then I could be more than happy with it.

Quite fancy it you know you do.

[url="http://s8.photobucket.com/user/peredur/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151029_222544_zpsimgq2kit.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s8.photobucket.com/user/peredur/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20151029_222604_zpsvjblrw7a.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by owen

• 3 weeks later...