Why become a member? ×

Orange AD200B MK 3 with Fligthcase - SOLD
£900

attackbass

Decided to part ways with this all valve tube head! This is the head that was used with my other listing for the matching 8x10.

Bought the Amp n 2008. Toured it all over Europe, always in a flight case. It's been through sub zero temperatures in Denmark to boiling hot venues is Italy and it's never let me down. The sound is fantastic, definitely my favourite all valve head. You can drive the gain just to the right amount of break up without having to have it impossibly loud. The eq is very musical and it can also do that clear "glassy" tube tone as well as the gritty thing! Used the amp on 3 albums - so it works well well for both studio and live settings.

The head has obviously been used and shows the wear that gear that's used professionally in a touring environment. However it has always been looked after and maintaned, the tolex is in good condition, there are marks/scratches on the protective metal black corners. Most of that wear would be from taking it in and out of flightcases and lifting it up on top of cabs and racks! The head was serviced and had the power valves replaced in April 2013 by Orange.

Head comes with a Castle Cases flight case made for the head.

Looking for £900

Price reduction to £800.

Edited by attackbass

Hi mate,

probably not always just the sound of the head - usually a blend going on but check out the following

if you spotify Attack! Attack! UK self titled - its all over that album along with I think a thunderverb 200. Also States and Empires 'Freedom' - that was tracked with ad200b through an aguilar 1x12 with a catalinbread dirty little secret sometimes infront of the amp.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='attackbass' timestamp='1445898508' post='2895281']
if you spotify Attack! Attack! UK self titled - its all over that album along with I think a thunderverb 200. Also States and Empires 'Freedom' - that was tracked with ad200b through an aguilar 1x12 with a catalinbread dirty little secret sometimes infront of the amp.
[/quote]

How do you rate the Thunderverb 200 for bass over the AD200B?

I think as far as I am aware and from what I can remember, the thunderverb was just used as a blend distortion amp along with a DI and the AD200b.

The thunderverb can be used as a bass amp and I think QOTSA did use them like that - I think... I have a vague recollection of us trying it out in pre-production to see and from what i can remember it had a midrange type of tone and more saturated than the ad200b.

It didn't blow me away, it did kinda just sound like a QOTSA type tone... I definitely preferred the AD200

• 2 weeks later...