Why become a member? ×

Squier Katana on gumtree

I had the misfortune to own a Squier Katana when they were launched. I can believe that I sold Guild B302 to buy it. Biggest load of rubbish I ever owned

Cool old bit of MIJ Fender history, IMO - but what the actual f*ck is the "famous matsuoka factory where all the fender guitars were made"?

Both amazing and hilarious. Are all Gumtree & Ebay sellers on some sort of stream-of-consciousness autobullsh!t drug these days? :lol:

Jon.

My first bass! It was the only one in the shop I could afford, back in '89. I had the white version, probably even uglier than the black one. Actually wasn't that bad a bass, single P pickup and a decent neck. Awful body wood if memory serves me correct.

Fun if you are in a glam band, or as a wall ornament, or chopping down trees.......

I have one and absolutely love it. A series MIJ 32" scale, slim necked Squier Precision in a strange shape that weighs 7lbs. Sounds huge, stocks pups have a touch more bite than some Ps, built superbly well and the neck is just to die for.