Why become a member? ×

FS: Ampeg V4-B & SVT-15E (both USA made) **SOLD**
£500

Beedster

You know what this is and what it does, you don't need me going on about it. It's 100w but they're proper old school watts, not the sort you get from PJB. I've rarely had this further than 4 on gain or 6 on master in pub gigs, and even that can have a uncomfortable effect on bowel function.

Sound wise, it can do decent B-15 and decent SVT, unlike the original V4-B it's also got a gain which means that you have far more control over the tone (Motown thump to edgy grit to all-out fuzz). It's all working just fine, and despite carrying a few knocks here and there is in fine fettle, ready to go out and do it's thing for years to come.

The bad bits.

The gain pot needs replacing, it works with a little teasing but this is what happens when a two year old girl uses your rig as a climbing frame I'm afraid. Also the caps of two of the other controls have come off (I suspect she ate these as we couldn't find them afterwards), they can be had for about $1 from the US. Please see the pics below, both problems sound a lot worse than they are. It also hasn't been serviced for a while, so while it does the job just fine, it being what it is will probably benefit from a good look over in the next year or two

All the above means I'll do it for £500 without covers or £550 with. Collection from Canterbury or Colchester preferred, might be able to deliver, and can courier the head in a wooden crate and the cab in a box but it won't be especially cheap. All delivery costs are over and above the cost of the rig. BTW the padded covers are rather chunky and really do protect the boxes (had to buy these to stop the noise machines from breaking any more bits off).

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/2015-10-09%2012.58.40_zps1typ4yma.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_5470_zpskpjyhr9i.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_5459_zpsae8idlu0.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_5457_zpsp7xgs57q.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s80.photobucket.com/user/Beedster/media/IMG_5454_zpshv0yywat.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Beedster

I have an offer on the head only but would ideally prefer to sell both at the same time (it's either this rig or my B-15 that's going, in part because I need some space, so I don't want both the SVT-15E and the B-15 sitting around). Therefore please let me know if you're after the cab only and we can work something out I'm sure.

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='bassmasta2b' timestamp='1444404291' post='2883022']
Just for info What are your seetings to do a B15 sound with this head ?
[/quote]

Gain moderately low, master moderately high, lows rolled off a little, mids left pretty much as is or pushed up a tiny bit, highs pushed up a little.

That's what works with this cab, it would no doubt be different with different cabs.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1444404673' post='2883030']

Gain moderately low, master moderately high, lows rolled off a little, mids left pretty much as is or pushed up a tiny bit, highs pushed up a little.

That's what works with this cab, it would no doubt be different with different cabs.
[/quote]

Thanks for The answer , it's a really good head .
With mine and my 410he , all flat for a B15 tone

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1444470555' post='2883463']
This still here?? I'm frantically thinking of what I could sell. Trades?
[/quote]

Hey mate, I'm really trying to avoid trades at present, I have amassed a rather alarming collection of gear than for both financial and space reasons I;d quite like to reduce! Sorry!

C

[quote name='bassmasta2b' timestamp='1444417603' post='2883209']
Thanks for The answer , it's a really good head .
With mine and my 410he , all flat for a B15 tone
[/quote]
That's about right, the SVT15E is just a little more pronounced in the lows than is my B-15.

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1444472201' post='2883475']
I'm really trying to avoid trades at present... Sorry!
[/quote]

No worries Chris, I'm just irritated with myself for yet again being skint when something I really want turns up! :)

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1444472796' post='2883481']
No worries Chris, I'm just irritated with myself for yet again being skint when something I really want turns up! :)
[/quote]

Ha ha, this forum doesn't help does it :)

Had a few PM's about possible delivery/meet up with this, just a quick reminder that I am willing to send it by courier also, I have a decent wooden crate for the head.

C