Why become a member? ×

Neck inlays???

Ghost Rider

Just a quick question which may seem a daft but here goes…

I have a fender squire vintage modified jazz with the black inlays on the neck, is it possible to get them out & replace them with the white inlays found on the Marcus miller bass & if so how is it done & any idea of cost?

I have replaced the original bridge to a badassII & bought a preamp & new pick-ups on basschat but I love the look of the Marcus millers…

Any advice would be appreciated

Anth

[quote name='Ghost Rider' post='278674' date='Sep 6 2008, 03:59 PM']Just a quick question which may seem a daft but here goes…

I have a fender squire vintage modified jazz with the black inlays on the neck, is it possible to get them out & replace them with the white inlays found on the Marcus miller bass & if so how is it done & any idea of cost?

I have replaced the original bridge to a badassII & bought a preamp & new pick-ups on basschat but I love the look of the Marcus millers…

Any advice would be appreciated

Anth[/quote]

You'd probably be better off securing a whole replacement neck and flog the old one to recoup some of the cost.

[quote name='Ghost Rider' post='278770' date='Sep 6 2008, 07:17 PM']Cheers for the advice but the cheapest I have seen the neck is £215 on allparts UK & if I spend that much I may aswell sell the jazz (put it all back to original) & then sell the parts but thanks for the replies. :)[/quote]

I'd try eBay, licenced Allparts/Mighty Mite necks do appear at more reasonable prices from time to time

If you really like the sound of your bass as it is, don't do anything to the neck, especially not for cosmetic reasons, if it sounds worse or doesn't play as well, you'll be kicking yourself.

Some production line basses are way better than others just by chance, so if it ain't broke....

Edited by dub