Why become a member? ×

what to do next

bigash

Hello, i've just recently joined this forum and i must say i'm very impressed by the knowledge and helpfulness of the members.
I have been playing bass for 25yrs [christ i feel old saying that] and i am now upgrading my equipment searching for that elusive tone. I recently bought a mesa boogie cab and ampeg pre amp. However when playing through this set up with my old westone thunder 3 i dont get the tone i'm looking for. When i purchased the mesa the person i bought it off played a warwick[not sure what model] through it and it sounded awesome.
Being left handed not a great deal of choice with new fenders but warwick seem to do most models left handed. i especially like the look of the double buck. an :) :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: d wondered if any one had played one of these and what their opinion was. Or any other similiar priced [£700] left handed basses on the market that they would reccomend.

Edited by bigash

My opinion will be grossly bias towards Warwick. I own two which is not enough! Ill guess that it was the Corvette $$ as their quite popular and tho i have not played one users on the Warwick forum rave about them. Warwicks kick bum, but i would say that but if you have got over the first hurdle (getting on with the neck) then you are on to a winner!

MB1. :)

There are quite a few basses available in that price range but because youre left handed theyre not always going to be available or in stock(i gather youve figured this already).Even the second hand market is never going to be a wash with variety.A lot of manufacturers do offer left handed instruments at a higher price,due to the fact its not classed as a stock item.keep checking the basses for sale column and ebay.Whenever possible try before you buy!You cant go wrong with a fender, musicman,warwick.Warwickwise I personally prefer the thumb bass and they do come up from time to time on ebay.welcome to basschat,hope you find what your after!.
All the best
MB1.

[quote name='MB1' post='28901' date='Jul 8 2007, 11:49 PM']MB1. :)

There are quite a few basses available in that price range but because youre left handed theyre not always going to be available or in stock(i gather youve figured this already).Even the second hand market is never going to be a wash with variety.A lot of manufacturers do offer left handed instruments at a higher price,due to the fact its not classed as a stock item.keep checking the basses for sale column and ebay.Whenever possible try before you buy!You cant go wrong with a fender, musicman,warwick.Warwickwise I personally prefer the thumb bass and they do come up from time to time on ebay.welcome to basschat,hope you find what your after!.
All the best
MB1.[/quote]
Have been keeping an eye out on ebay. just missed out on a sandberg california j bass which looked nice, with a bin for £395 missed it by 15 mins, not happy. Thanks for the advice

• 2 weeks later...

yeah you cant go wrong with warwick as far as i am concerned, i have 2, a corvette, and a streamer Jazzman, particularly favour the Jazzman, very warm sounding, havn't had the opportunity to play a $$ but i beleive they sound huge!

Edited by Bassmonster

[quote name='Buzz' post='33058' date='Jul 17 2007, 02:28 PM']Left handed?

Could you not stretch that £700 for one of the numerous luthiers we rave about round here?

Mr Shuker is a popular choice, so is ACG and RIM.[/quote]
is there much difference between the likes of warwick and your reccomendations ? is it worth the extra cost ?

[quote name='bigash' post='33440' date='Jul 18 2007, 09:12 AM']is there much difference between the likes of warwick and your reccomendations ? is it worth the extra cost ?[/quote]

Drop a PM to Bassmonster, he has a lefty shuker which was finished only a couple of months ago, and plays warwicks, he'll be able to give you better info on it.