Why become a member? ×

Quick and dirty set list fillers

Nicko

Lots of good suggestions so far. Can't believe that no one has suggested The Killers' Mr Brightside, though. Never seen a song fill a dance floor like that one. Apologies for suggesting it but Have A Nice Day by the Sereophonics or Travis' Why Does It Always Rain On Me would fit in, and are crowd pleasers too. Also the punters do envoy singing along to Don't Look Back In Anger towards the end of the evening expect blokes with arms around each other's shoulders and beer glasses being waved in the air.

Apologies if those are all really populist choices. But there is a reason why popular songs are popular... People like them! :-)

Thanks guys,

Lots of good suggestions here, and a few that are on the long term learning list.

I can update this with saying the band failed to get the 3 new tracks sorted this week and we only got one of the new ones up to scratch. Its regretful its the Nickleback one cos it really is a piece of cack!

Things are looking up, I think we've convinced the guitar player to have a go at Lock All The Doors so we might give it a go at one of our two next gigs. Of course no one will know it as it hasn't been played by every pub band for the last 10 years but you have to try a bit of education now and again.