Why become a member? ×

FS/FT Limelight 1970's Black & Maple P Bass £750 ono...NOW SOLD
£750

ozzy138

Its with a very heavy heart I'm having to her up for sale but there some circumstances beyond my control..... Ive been a Jazz user since pretty much day one, with a brief interlude with Spector basses but i switched to a P bass full time about 2 years ago..... The bad news is the neck width is killing my left hand... so much so the pain is lasting into the following day after playing...... so i need something with a thinner neck before i damage something permanently... hence the sale...

Mark from Limelight built her for me this year and in every other way she is perfect.......

She has light/medium relicing, a sanded neck and I've added some mods, namely a KioGon wiring loom, Fender knobs (just to be different) and a DiMarzio Model P pick up..... She sounds huge....

I also added a decal.... which can easily be removed before she goes if its not to your tastes.

Comes with the tweed style hardcore and to sweeten the deal even more i have a set of La Bella flats that ill chuck in as well, and also the original pickups.

[attachment=199292:IMG_6688.jpg][attachment=199293:IMG_6689.jpg][attachment=199294:IMG_6690.jpg][attachment=199295:IMG_6691.jpg][attachment=199296:IMG_6692.jpg][attachment=199297:IMG_6693.jpg]

Im based on the Essex/East London border and can deliver or meet half way of not too far away....

I'll also post if we can come to some arrangement....

More pics available on request...... Give me a shout on here if you have any questions.

Edited by ozzy138

Off topic, Powerbas, might be an idea to put your Thunderbird up for sale here.

OZZY138, that is a most excellent classic looking P with great mods and Mark's attention to detail. Sorely tempted, bet it's great to play.

Good luck and bump.

She is beautiful to play....... Sadly the neck is a real issue..... A two hour gig on Saturday was a killer on my left hand, I guess the P Bass and me are destined never to get on.....

Bank Holiday Bump.......

Ps.... If anyone has a Spector laying around doing nothing...........!!!

It's a shame you have to let this bass go
But I know exactly what you mean about the older shaped P necks
They are a tad on the chunky side for my tastes too
And if thats causing you discomfort & pain,
as you say - don't persist, you may end up causing yourself some harm....

Don't know if you've tried the new Squier Classic Vibe basses
but they're honestly superb quality, build, comfort & sound
And the neck is the far more comfortable "C" profile neck

Anyhow, Limelights are fantastic basses
and this one looks superb!
So GLWTS and look after that hand

Cheers

Marc

Thinking about your left hand pain;
I've had a few Jazz basses, and loved them all

As I've said many times my RW is my favourite
But what I'm struck by, is the fact that even among Fender J basses
Neck dimensions vary, depending on era / model / where built etc

MY RW Jazz is ideal for me. I had a 90's USA Jazz, which was slightly chunkier
and recently sold a US 70's Re-issue, which had a markedly slimmer neck than either of the others
or any US or Mex Jazz I've played since...
Might be worth looking out for a 70's reissue, if you'd prefer a really slim neck?

Anyhow, Bump again for this fab looking Limelight
Someone please buy this, to stop me from looking at it! lol :)