Why become a member? ×

MarkBass TTE 501

yorks5stringer

I see there is a new 501 variant of the TTE 500 and 800. Can't see much difference apart from the metal cage surrounding the gubbins now seems to be solid.
Anyone tried/seen one yet?

[url="http://www.richtonemusic.co.uk/products/markbass_tte_501_head_500_watt.asp?gclid=CjwKEAjwjMauBRDH-bOCo56b13wSJABA2-HvCk94Tx8qRhGkH4e3z_XbuGiyz74d4oqHe90qYS9YpRoC-z_w_wcB"]http://www.richtonem...S9YpRoC-z_w_wcB[/url]

Edited by yorks5stringer

• 8 months later...

I have a tte 501 , when i bought it i asked the store salesman if there was any difference/upgrades to the 500 apart from the obvious chassis design. He said as far as he knew it was exactly the same amp but markbass redesigned it due to feedback from owners saying the electronics were too exposed and vulnerable to any form of spillage on the 500.

Any other owners of the 501 out there? if so , are the tubes easy to change? the only way i can see how to get into it is via numerous allan key bolts on the top?

You'd be surprised at how many people do, as well as drunken revelers invading band space. In the past I've had bass rigs and pedalboards looking like they've taken a dip in a beer barrel from drunken idiots . Preamp has 3x12AX7 tubes. Compressor has 1x12AT7 tube (same as the brilliant Compressore pedal)

The TTE501 and also the 801 (which I have) both have a class D power amp which I think has been updated. The preamp section [i]looks[/i] the same on the new models.

I had a TTE500 and I'm not able to compare with a 501 but the 801 appears to be even warmer with a bigger low end.I've not tried a TTE800 either though.....
I've seen some people complain that the TTE500 lacked a little when it came to the bottom end with some cabs.

As for changing the tubes, yes there are six allen key screws on the top - much easier than the method for the TTE500!

Thanks for the clarification Opticaleye. I'm loving the sound of the tte501. Just like using an old school tue amp with extra Markbass goodness! I still own an LM3 but it hasn't had a look in since I got the TTE.

• 1 month later...