Why become a member? ×

Thoughts on Markbass LM800 and LM Tube 800

GCYPbass

Anybody who tried/owned both the Little Mark 800 and the Little Mark Tube 800 and can share opinions on similarities and differences would be a big help.

I had a chance to try my friend's LM Tube 800 at a gig I had last night as I forgot to take my head with me to the last minute gig in a rush (bit stupid I know) :)
I didn't have enough time to fiddle with it. Just dialed in the sound I needed and started gigging. I have to admit that I was impressed by the sound and the power I got at 8 ohm.

So I am interested in hearing the thoughts of those who had experience with LM 800 and LM Tube 800.

Thanks

Edited by GCYPbass

Hi!

I seem to remember reading posts from users that suggested that the 'tube' didn't seem to make a massive amount of difference to the tone of the amplifier. I've not compared the two myself but with or without, the LM heads have a great clean sound with plenty of bottom end boost.

I`ve not had the 800 versions, bit have had the 500s. Both great, as Dood says the tube function doesn`t really seem to do much, adding a little shimmer/hair around the sound really. But the way I look at it, may as well have it rather than not. When I bought the 500 version I had a list of amps to try out but on hearing the LMT500 with the tube function on full I just bought it on the spot, didn`t bother with the rest of the amps I`d intended on checking out.