Why become a member? ×

Bass Transcriptions

ChrisDev

On 13/11/2022 at 15:07, ChrisDev said:

Never enough Ronnie Baker bass transcriptions!

Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes - Bad Luck | Ronnie Baker

insta.jpg

Feels like 3 sharps to me  - coda that fades out seems to me to be like an unresolved pedal on the V . 
Sometimes songs like this were written for radio airplay , leaving room at the beginning and end for the DJ to talk over . The V feel makes the radio audience want to keep listening in anticipation of a resolution .
If DJs liked the record , it would get more airplay and sell better .

On 14/11/2022 at 21:53, DaveFry said:

Feels like 3 sharps to me  - coda that fades out seems to me to be like an unresolved pedal on the V . 
Sometimes songs like this were written for radio airplay , leaving room at the beginning and end for the DJ to talk over . The V feel makes the radio audience want to keep listening in anticipation of a resolution .
If DJs liked the record , it would get more airplay and sell better .

I understand why you would choose 3 sharps. I've talked about this (the V chord thing in general) with quite a few musicians and nobody seems to agree on how "it should be written". I write it like I would write it for a blues. A blues in E is 4 sharps, even if all the chords are V chords. But, even then I get comments that it should be 3 sharps by some, while others agree on 4 😀

• Like 1