Why become a member? ×

How to get images nice & big without being in little boxes?

Born 2B Mild

[quote name='bass_ferret' post='274453' date='Sep 1 2008, 01:11 PM']Dont know what picassa is but assuming its an image hosting site then you need to wrap the url for the images with IMG tags[/quote]
Picassa is google's web albums service. It gives you the option of giving you the HTML code for embedding. So I clicked on basschat's "Insert Image" button and pasted the code. then posted and got "Sorry, dynamic pages in the [IMG] tags are not allowed"

• 2 months later...

[quote name='Machines' post='274929' date='Sep 1 2008, 07:49 PM']The forum will auto-resize images over a certain size to prevent them taking up the whole page and having to scroll around to see it all.[/quote]

Thats a good thing... I hate when overly big pictures fill the page. Especially annoying on mobile devices!

• 4 weeks later...

The [code][img][/code] tag requires that the URL posted in it ends in an image file type (e.g. .jpg .gif .png). I believe that a lot of image hosting sites try to embed HTML in their links to redirect any viewers to their sites so they can include adverts along with the image (it's how they keep the image hosting service 'free').

Personally, I've got a little bit of webspace free with my Internet Service Provider (Plus.net) and I use that to upload images and put them in [code][img][/code] tags when I want nice big pictures (to annoy those with smaller screen resolutions or mobile devices :) ).