Why become a member? ×

'DB Bass' cabinets

Kingbassist

Just wondering if anyone's got any experience with these relatively new cabs.. On paper they look amazing, I love the concept of having the speaker facing up at you within the cabinet... They're selling them at The Gallery... Anyone tried one?

Strange that they don't see fit to give more technical information - speaker sensitivity, SPL etc, but go heavily on features like the speaker placement and innovative carrying design (perhaps they saw the posts on here about another well loved manufacturer's handles) :ph34r:

Hi Mykesbass, yeah I know what you mean.. Could do with more info really, especially the frequency response.. I had an Epifani 1x10" once and it rolled off well before the B string.. Real shame as it sounded great... Maybe with time they'll give more specs on the site...
And Steve, they're not active, just very pricey! Hmmmm...

I'd very much doubt the 1100W claim, you simply can't disperse heat from a small voice coil that quickly. 400W from a 3" voice coil is pushing it. I can only imagine this is 'peak' power. It also has a piezo tweeter which is a bit downmarket, for that price you'd expect a decent horn driver and proper crossover.