Why become a member? ×

Squier/Fender Bass VI Effects?

EssentialTension

Any Bass VIers using effects?

I've been using:

Boss TR2 tremolo
Boss CEB chorus
Boss FRV reverb

... which all work fine, although I found the reverb slightly disappointing, but I'm considering a bigger financial outlay for one or more of:

EHX B9 (and/or C9) Organ Machine
Seymour Duncan Vapor Trail Analog Delay
Tech 21 Rotochoir.

I'd be interested to hear any experience with those or other effects on a Bass VI or similar.

I don't want to hijack your thread, but I'd be interested too.

I've been playing my Bass VI through my Ampeg BR50 Rocket, which gives it a really nice clean sound, but I'd be interested in using some chorus, trem, delay and reverb with it. Does anyone know of a good multi-effect pedal which would do this? Ideally with some loop functionality.

I would treat it like a regular bass. Anything that will work well on a P or J will work well on the Bass VI.

As for multis: a Zoom B3 or B1on/x have all the effects suggested above.

IMHO the B/C9 will only really work in the higher registers, just like a normal Fender bass.

Ps. The G1on/x has an Organ Sim which I use post Micro POG +1 Oct which works great, has a bundle of other effects and is about 1/3rd of the price of the B9!

[quote name='EssentialTension' timestamp='1435568382' post='2809994']
Ok thanks, that's what I want to hear.

Although I should say that I am not using the Bass VI as a regular bass and I have never used any effects on a regular bass.
[/quote]

That's where I'm at too. I had a play around with a chorus some years back, but never took to it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm using mine as I would any of my other basses. Running it through a TC BH550 (with the toneprints, ones a compressor and always on and the other is a vibrato which sounds lovely). He effects I'm using is a Mooer thunderball (fuzz), DOD FX25 envelope filter, Mooer Lofi machine bit crusher (sounds great through that), a VOX Straight 6 overdrive (being a guitar OD, it works really well with the strangle switch) and finally into an EHX Bassballs.

Only thing I'm doing to treat it like a guitar is I went an bought a stainless steel slide to experiment with. I've found with the VOX o/d and the slide, whilst using the neck pickup and strangle switch off, you get a great blues tone.

No worries, next time I'll proof read it when posting on a mobile. That was all over the place.

One thing I would like to try with my one, is a proper wah pedal to compare against the envelope filter. I imagine you could have a bit of fun with one of those.

Edited by Jimryan